So, heres a non tech view on what I like, and don’t like. Be pleased to hear what you think and why.
- Admins must be online most of the time to boot hackers
- 1/2 craft times (so things get made quicker)
- Double Durability times (so things last longer)
- 2 air drops in real time 24hrs, randomly generated (But make them good ones re c4, but keep explosives very rare)
- Day/night cycle stays natural and isn’t player adjusted by demand
- Absolutely no teleporting stuff going on for players
- Fall damage simply must exist
- Absolutely no Eco mod
- Do not run Oxide, Essentials or similar for players to see and use, so deaths and comms between players is not public or available via this method (sorry I have no idea of the reality of this in terms of server set up/management for admins etc.)
- Make box spawns 3 times rarer, but better than standard loot inc c4
- Make red animals loot more limited to encourage visits to box spawn areas
- Max server players 50
- Agree a start date and stick to it, run each game for 3 months max.
- Admins to ensure lag is minimal, I think regular restarts seem to help, as does removing unusual stuff, like 500 fires in a field…
- Set decay to 3 times the standard time now, so things last longer
- Admins can’t ‘play’ their own servers, if the server is public
- Make Blueprints 3 times as rare as they are on standard mode
- Make resource nodes 3 times as rare as they are now (to slow building down)
- Make remove feature available, but at 4 times the time to craft and you lose the materials
- No team feature in terms of damage, i.e anyone shot by anyone gets hurt
- No starter kits at all
- must have sleepers on
- whatever I forgot…
Just putting my ideas out there for comment, I’m relatively new to Rust and appreciate your comments back.
Whats your ideal Modded server config like?