Custom garry's Mod quality problem

Edit: I screwed up the title a bit, this thread is about a custom Gmod background.

Yeah guys, I mostly make screenshots in garrysmod, good ones, with ragdolls and stuff, but when i open it in Paint.net… its all good quality right, same size as my garry’s mod background: 1280 x 800…

But if i put it in the console folder as background01 and background01_widescreen, it appears on the menu in a very screwed up stretched out quality

How do i get it in a decent quality?
as Gmod background

The background and widescreen background colors don’t follow their normal ratios.

4:3, 3:2… it doesn’t matter the ratio of your monitor. Source displays the backgrounds with a texture ratio of 1x1.

For example, a 4:3 monitor with a resolution of 1024x768 would require a background texture of something like 1024x1024 or even 2048x2048.

I believe widescreen backgrounds follow the same pattern.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

resize and stretch the picture in paint.net so it IS 1024x1024 and use it like that. You can also try it as 2048x2048 but I’m not sure if a texture with that high of a resolution works as a background.

[editline]02:06AM[/editline]

reference:

http://a.imageshack.us/img828/7856/asday.jpg

your resolution on the left; how the texture should be created on the right to get a consistent, unstretched background.

[editline]02:06AM[/editline]

notice how it’s SUPPOSED to be stretched as a texture. That’s just how it works.