Custom Job Fall Damage

so on my darkrp dedicated server I am trying to create a class that recieves no fall damage. The class jumps extremely high so I need the player to come down with no fall damage, but I cant set the overall game to no fall damage. I’m not sure if or how to create a function for this, where to put it, or what to do with it. Can someone please help me with finding out how to make a class receive no fall damage

Just make a severside lua file, hook into the FallDamage hook and check if the player is on a specific team, after return false/nil.

also, this is developer discussiob, jobs arnt clasified as ‘developig’

Well, since this was never properly answered, here’s 2 different ways to do this.

[lua]

//In EntityTakeDamage hook
//Make sure the entity is a player first.
if( ply_job == JOB ) then //Alternatively just use a table for neatness if you’re doing this to multiple jobs.
dmginfo:SetDamage( 0 ); //Set the damage to 0. dmginfo is the second argument in the hook.
end
[/lua]

or

[lua]
//In GetFallDamage
if( ply_job == JOB ) then
return 0; //GetFallDamage returns a number for what the damage should be.
end
[/lua]

Thank you so much greetings!

So i put this into my player.lua under the GetFallDamage section but it didn’t work. Two things, one: is that the correct folder, if not can you tell me the directory for the correct folder. Two: when it says “JOB” is it the command which I have set to “assassinm” or the job team thing which is “TEAM_ASSASSINM”?

Post the code you have currently in

tags.

function GM:GetFallDamage( ply, flFallSpeed )

if( GetConVarNumber( "mp_falldamage" ) > 0 ) then -- realistic fall damage is on
		return ( flFallSpeed - 526.5 ) * ( 100 / 396 ) -- the Source SDK value
	end

if( ply_job == TEAM_ASSASSINM ) then
	return 0; //GetFallDamage returns a number for what the damage should be.
end

return 10

end

Change ply_job to ply:Team(). And put that check before the mp_falldamage one

It didn’t work, I attempted to try all varieties of that too, and I put it first.

if( ply:Team() == TEAM_ASSASSINM)

if( ply:Team(TEAM_ASSASSINM))

if ply:Team() == (TEAM_ASSASSINM)

if ply:Team(TEAMASSASSINM)

none of them worked :C

Are you sure it’s not TEAM_ASSASSIN rather than TEAM_ASSASSINM?

its TEAM_ASSASSINM, for Master Assassin… im just not sure it is calling the class in total

local function nofalldamage(ply, speed)

if (ply:Team() == TEAM_ASSASSINM) then
		return 0
	end

end

hook.Add("GetFallDamage", "nofallassassin", nofalldamage)

Don’t use GM unless you’re making a gamemode. Make sure the file you’re putting this in is ran server side.

I have no idea where to put that, even in a server side file…

Create a file named nofall.lua in the lua/autorun/server folder.

Lolcats your a life saver! It worked, I wish you could see the smile on my face. For future reference, when I wanted to add this to another team, would it generally be the same function but replaced a few tags with this?

local function nofalldamage(ply, speed)

if (ply:Team() == TEAM_JUMPER) then
		return 0
	end

end

hook.Add("GetFallDamage", "nofalljumper", nofalldamage)

You could use tables or be less efficient and use a bunch of elseif statements