Custom Pointshop skin

Only question I got for this is that, everytime I edit the vgui for pointshop, i have to restart my server or change maps, how would i edit the vgui without doing any of those?

check if you got this command runnin. alternative use the localy. it is imo easier to modify and the refresh should work without problems.

Okay cool, thanks for the help!

Okay it still won’t refresh on save, I also added sv_autorefresh 1 in my server.cfg but still doesnt work, the only things that can change on save are the fonts ( Size and Font ).
Edit:
Right now im trying to use local, ill post if it works.

The Pointshop has always struggled with autorefresh, but I don’t recall having issues with vgui related stuff. What happens when you modify it? Do you get errors or just nothing happens

Yeah nothing happens when I save.

I’ve also tried to use lua_openscript_cl and lua_openscript commands.
Put pointshop in addons and garrysmod/lua and tried the commands again.

Console:

Couldn't include file 'addons\s' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
] lua_openscript_cl addons/pointshop-master/vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua
Running script addons/pointshop-master/vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua...
Couldn't include file 'addons\pointshop-master\vgui\DPointshopMenu.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
] lua_openscript_cl addons/pointshop-master/lua/vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua
Running script addons/pointshop-master/lua/vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua...
Couldn't include file 'addons\pointshop-master\lua\vgui\DPointshopMenu.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
] lua_openscript_cl addons/pointshop-master/lua/vgui/DPointshopMenu
Running script addons/pointshop-master/lua/vgui/DPointshopMenu...
Couldn't include file 'addons\pointshop-master\lua\vgui\DPointshopMenu' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
] lua_openscript_cl addons/pointshop-master/lua/vgui/dpointshopmenu.lua
Running script addons/pointshop-master/lua/vgui/dpointshopmenu.lua...
Couldn't include file 'addons\pointshop-master\lua\vgui\dpointshopmenu.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
] lua_openscript addons/pointshop-master/lua/vgui/dpointshopmenu.lua
Running script addons/pointshop-master/lua/vgui/dpointshopmenu.lua...
Couldn't include file 'addons\pointshop-master\lua\vgui\dpointshopmenu.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
] lua_openscript addons/pointshop-master/lua/vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua
Couldn't include file 'addons\pointshop-master\lua\vgui\DPointshopMenu.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
] lua_openscript_cl addons/pointshop-master/lua/vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua
] lua_openscript_cl pointshop-master/lua/vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua
Running script pointshop-master/lua/vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua...
Couldn't include file 'pointshop-master\lua\vgui\DPointshopMenu.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
] lua_openscript_cl vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua
Running script vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua...
] lua_openscript vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua
Running script vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua...

Nothing seems to work for me.

Edit: lua_openscript_cl works on the vgui’s in garrysmod/lua/vgui but nothing changes, this is what i referred to: http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=841587

It could be because in cl_pointshop.lua the panel just gets hidden when you press the hooked key. For it to refresh you will probably have to use :Remove() and create the shop again. When I’m on my computer I can explain it better. It can just be a temporary fix til you’re done editing the shop.

[editline]7th July 2014[/editline]

Try this:

[Lua]function PS:ToggleMenu()
if not PS.ShopMenu then
PS.ShopMenu = vgui.Create(‘DPointShopMenu’)
PS.ShopMenu:SetVisible(false)
end

if PS.ShopMenu:IsVisible() then
	PS.ShopMenu:Remove()
	gui.EnableScreenClicker(false)
else
	PS.ShopMenu = vgui.Create('DPointShopMenu')
	gui.EnableScreenClicker(true)
end

end[/Lua]

Hopefully it works. When you’re done just change it back to the previous code. That goes in cl_pointshop.lua by the way you should see the same function in there.

Omg haha i love you dude! <3

Haha no worries dude.

As a tip for the future, lua_openscript_cl can only open .lua files relative to the /lua/ folder.
(Not sure exactly how this works but) all addons that contain the folder /lua/ will be merged when the game starts, so you can access all .lua files as long as they are inside an addon’s /lua/ folder, since the file structure is meant to resemble the main directory of GarrysMod/garrysmod without you actually having to merge those folders yourself, making a neater method of managing and installing addons.
So to open pointshop’s file you would use

lua_openscript_cl vgui/DPointshopMenu.lua

Keep in mind only files that are sent to the client via AddCSLuaFile can be “opened”.

tyvm ill keep that it mind and this is what i made so far in an hour lol ( Still WIP )

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/588034996090894824/1E255A105FE219106FF549343A3EE2AC5E10C014/

Updated a bit

That’s actually probably one of the better pointshop skins I’ve seen so far, I defiantly wouldn’t mind something like that on my server.
Good work.

tyvm ^.^