Custom 'Q' prop spawn menu

Hey, don’t know if this should be in here or in requests, but I can’t help that now.

Was wondering if anyone could let me know how to go about making a custom derma menu that let’s me put in specific props so they can be spawned and nothing else. I know this is also possible, making it open with the Q key being pressed in place of the regular spawn menu.

It’s for my RP server, I recently thought it might be a good idea to limit what props people could have, and if I can do this then I can also make it so there’s different tabs (i.e. furniture, lighting, misc. items etc.). So yeah, would be much appreciated if somebody could either give me a hand or point me in the direction of a some good advice.

Thanks in advance.

No ‘please’? Don’t flame on me when you do the same thing, and don’t go and fucking edit it.

“me in the direction of a some good advice.” You said that, English please.

When you open the menu, check if the panel is created, if not create it and set it visible, else if so then just set it visible.

Set the panel invisible(PANEL:SetVisible(false))

You will also need to create your own prop spawn function which will spawn the props.

And then for the menu, use a DFrame for the base, attach a DPanelList to it, then Loop through a table of your props and add(PANEL:AddItem(Item)) them to the DPanelList.

There’s not really much documentation on the spawnmenu functions, but you could try something like this:

local banned = {
"models/omg.mdl",
"models/wtf.mdl",
"models/bbq.mdl",
}

for _,v in ipairs(banned) do spawnmenu.RemoveProp(v) end

I didn’t tell anybody to do anything, they don’t have to if they don’t want to. My post was polite, get the fuck out of here, please.

One grammatical mistake… my bad. I apologise to EVERYBODY FOR PUTTING AN ‘A’ SOMEWHERE I SHOULDN’T HAVE. REALLY REALLY SORRY GUYS!!

Thanks for the help, will try this out and hopefully make it work.

I knew how to write up a banned props thing but I was looking more at making it so that it was ONLY props, i.e. no toolgun menu and entities etc. But if I have to I guess I’ll resort to doing this, thanks for helping anyway.

[quote=“Le Pidgey, post:5, topic:16713”]

I didn’t tell anybody to do anything, they don’t have to if they don’t want to. My post was polite, get the fuck out of here, please.

One grammatical mistake… my bad. I apologise to EVERYBODY FOR PUTTING AN ‘A’ SOMEWHERE I SHOULDN’T HAVE. REALLY REALLY SORRY GUYS!!

You flamed me so hard once, because i didn’t say please. Don’t even.

I believe I never once told anyone to do anything or said I needed something without asking nicely for that thing in the first place. I don’t NEED this thing, I want it for a personal thing I am working on. I asked nicely if anybody knew of a way I could go about this, and thanked people in advance for their potential help and kindness and told them I would appreciate any help. These people didn’t have to help me but they did, and I didn’t tell them to do something for me.

Side-note: And nor was I trying to steal a gamemode from someone and re-name it PidgeScript or something, I’m not an egotistical little fuck like you.