Custom Skeleton/Player Model Weapon Issue

Hello, I’ve been playing around with making a player model on a custom skeleton.
It’s going well, but I have stumbled upon an issue I can’t fix.
I can’t seem to figure out how to get the player’s weapon to be attached to the right spot.
I’ve added this to my QC file, but it does not seem to have any effect, the weapon is still in the center of the player.
RightHand and LeftHand are bones on my model.

$attachment "anim_attachment_RH" "RightHand" 0.00 0.00 -0 rotate -90.00 -90.00 0.00
$attachment "anim_attachment_LH" "LeftHand" 0.00 -0.00 0 rotate -90.00 -45.00 0.00

I’m aware I will have to play with the position and rotation, but at the moment it seems to have no effect on the position/rotation of the weapon.
If I wasn’t very clear, this is what I mean.

World models (thirdperson weapons) are bonemerged to the player’s right hand bone. You’re going to need custom weapon models (if that works) or you’ll need to rename the hand bone.

Don’t rename the hand bone, just create a dummy bone, parent it to your hand bone, and name it whatever the valve biped has for a right hand.

Seems simple enough, thanks guys!

Ah yeah, that could work. That’s probably the best way to do it. Just make sure it’s not being optimized away.

Thanks again guys, I renamed the hand bone to ValveBiped.Bip01_R_Hand and it worked.

[del]Oddly, the crossbow doesn’t go into the model’s hand(s) though.
Does it possibly bone-merge a different bone?
Maybe it’s just Half Life Model Viewer, haven’t tried it in-game yet.[/del]

It was Half Life Model Viewer it appears, the crossbow is in the player’s hand in-game.