Custom Templates of Terry's Viewmodel

INTRO:

I’d just recently found out that there are no official viewmodel arms for terry, so I decided to help out the community by making a viewmodel of my own that can be used as a template for others to add in their own weapons.

OTHER INFORMATION:

I need to acknowledge that I am not the absolute first to do something like this, as user: ‘dchad’ did this a day before this thread was posted. (Terry viewmodel arms + Viewmodel thread for s&box)

But I just need to say that what is contained below are my own changes to terry’s default model which can be found here (Automatic Download): (https://files.facepunch.com/garry/0d7ff859-f2e0-4fbc-bf0c-006ac3a37612.zip)

MAIN CONTENTS:

Linked below are the default arms which can be adjusted to however you want them to:

SCREENSHOT OF MODEL ABOVE:

Linked below are extended arms that are in view of the camera:

SCREENSHOTS OF MODEL ABOVE:

Linked below is a template of a pistol viewmodel:
(This should be handy for people wanting to add their own pistol without having to adjust it themselves and deal with how well it looks)

SCREENSHOTS OF MODEL ABOVE:

IMPLEMENTATION:

Considering S&box is currently in closed beta, I don’t have access to the game for the meantime…
Which means I don’t have first-hand experience on how exactly weapons are added into the game, so if I am given access or when the game becomes publicly available you should expect a few edits to this thread.

(IMPORTANT): The origin of the models might matter in the blender scene and may have to be located at co-ordinates (0,0,0)… *Not too sure just yet…

If it is needed to move the position of these models just do these steps:

1. ((HOLD) SHIFT + S) > Cursor to world origin
  2. Select all objects
  3. ((HOLD) SHIFT + S) > Selection to Cursor

then export it back into the game

10 Likes