Custom TF2 gib issue.

Nevermind, post 12.
Summed up: Its possible, but TF2’s code will not allow it.


Is it possible to make a TF2 spawn prop_ragdoll’s as player gibs instead of prop_physics’?
Because I’m having a problem, and its ruining my night.

I just finished making a full set of ragdolled heavy gibs and none of them work properly, I suspect it is because of the whole not being a prop_ragdoll thing. Anyone know a workaround/ know who I can contact to get some info on this?

Left is how it should work, right is what its doing.

qc:



$cd "C:\Users\Ed\Desktop\Projects\Heavygibs\4comp"
$modelname "player\gibs\heavygib001.mdl"
$model "Body" "heavygib001_ref.smd"

$cdmaterials "models\player\hvyweapon\"

$texturegroup skinfamilies
{
	{ "hvyweapon_red_gib.vmt" }
	{ "hvyweapon_blue_gib.vmt" }
}
$hboxset "default"

// Model uses material "hvyweapon_red_gib.vmt"
// Model uses material "hvyweapon_blue_gib.vmt"
$attachment "bloodpoint" "bone01" -8.00 9.00 -3.00 rotate -0.00 0.00 0.00

// "-8.00 9.00 -3.00 rotate -0.00 0.00 0.00"

$surfaceprop "flesh"

$keyvalues  { particles { "effect" { "name" "blood_trail_red_01_goop" "attachment_type" "follow_attachment" "attachment_point" "bloodpoint"  }  } prop_data {  } world_interactions { "onworldimpact" "bloodsplat"  } } 

$illumposition -0.260 -6.630 5.116
$sequence RAGDOLL "heavygib001_ref.smd" fps 30.00
$collisionjoints "heavygib001_phy.smd" {


	$mass 10.0
	$inertia 1.00
	$damping 0.00
	$rotdamping 0.00
	$rootbone "root"

	$jointconstrain "bone02" x limit -28.00 23.00 0.00
	$jointconstrain "bone02" y limit -32.00 -10.00 0.00
	$jointconstrain "bone02" z limit -28.00 73.00 0.00
}


I’ve also tried recompiling the heavy with “ragdoll” specified in the break code, but that didn’t work.

I think gib spawning is hardcoded, so it’s possible you’re out of luck.

This looks good though. Good luck.

Anyone else got anything? I’d be sad to put them to waste.

maybe they also look good, un-ragdolled? But yeah, ofcourse it’d be awesome to have them fully ragdolled flying around.

That’s what I was aiming for, so it gives the impression they you actually blew up something fleshy rather than the chocolate statues that are.

Maybe try using a VERY small amount of Jigglybones to connect them, rather than having an actual joint?

I’ve never used jigglybones before, so I may be talking out of my ass here, but it’s just an idea :v:

Without checking your SMD files, i’m not sure what could be wrong with them, your qc looks perfect as far as I can tell (which is a rare occurence). All I can think of is that, are you using two different parts in the collsion model that are rigged to the “root” bone and the “bone02” bone respectively? If not do so and try recompiling it and it should fix it (but as it looks like you have a pretty good idea of what your doing, I doubt this is the problem :S)

Bone02 to Bone01 to root.

Now that you mention it, I could try using Bone01 as the root and forget the extra bone. The only problem that remains is getting it to spawn as a ragdoll. I spent all of yesterday trying to get a perfectly working heavy (minus eyelids) to work, which didn’t. If Valve would hurry up in getting support for their .dmx format out I could directly test the break parameters.

Try adding

activity ACT_DIERAGDOLL 1

to the end of your $sequence.

Not needed but worth a shot.

Its doing the same thing its been doing.
Tried both.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8928/ss20090930124824.png

Textures are messed up cause I haven’t replaced them with my new ones.

Its either something in the break lines of the actual heavy or its something valve specified in the engine.

What I want to test:



	break { "ragdoll" "player\gibs\heavygib001" "health" "0" "fadetime" "10"}


Also it looks like this in the model viewer.
No idea what the grey bar is, but apparently its part of the model.

Got my heavy working though :dance:

Guess I won’t be getting my ragdolled gibs, my near perfect heavy gave me the answer I was looking for.

“BreakModelCreateSingle: clientside doesn’t support ragdoll breakmodels.”



	if ( pModel->isRagdoll )
	{
		DevMsg( "BreakModelCreateSingle: clientside doesn't support ragdoll breakmodels.
" );
	}



Basically, fucking Valve.

:<

I want those gibs!


(User was banned for this post ("Bump" - Jaanus))