CustomLoadingMusic - Let players choose their loading screen music

CustomLoadingMusic - Let players choose their loading screen music
NOTE: By default there’s no music, in-game you can specify your own song to listen to, if you want. If you never specify a song, it won’t play anything on the loading url for you. It’s per player not a global setting.

So I’m pretty sure everyone is sick of hearing the dubstep music on joining servers. This addon lets people choose what music they want to play during the loading screen. The only currently accepted formats are YouTube videos but I might expand it to include MP3s and other file formats if the demand is there. By default, there won’t be any music, the player has to specify a song to hear any music on the loading screen. Anyway here’s a video that goes over the addon:

The only requirements for getting this up and running are as follows:

• MySQL server
  • Web host with PHP
  • A little bit of time/knowledge to set it up

Once you've put the folder into the 'addons' folder then follow these steps;

1.) Ensure that your web host supports PHP (hosting this on Dropbox won't work)

2.) Ensure that your loadingurl file ends in .php

3.) Fill in the database credentials in both the lua/autorun/server/clm_main.lua and loadingurl.php

4.) Add the following code to your current loadingurl and put loadingurl.php in the same 
	file location as your current loadingurl.

<?php include('loadingurl.php'); ?>

5.) Import the .sql dump into phpmyadmin (make sure the database name is 'songs')

6.) Make sure your loadingurl has the SteamID variable set, here's an example:

sv_loadingurl "http://mywebsite.com/index.php?steamid=%s
	(the important bit being ?steamid=%s)

There are server-side checks to ensure that the URL is a YouTube URL but if you do find any exploits then let me know, this was thrown together in just under a day.

Click here to download

NOTE: Bear in mind YouTube does block a lot of embedding of videos so if a video doesn’t work then there’s not a lot I can do unfortunately.

Good job on this. Maybe now it will cut down on the dubstep loading songs that servers play.

Bro, U rule, like for real how u do that hahaha
Btw, Thank you for helping us :slight_smile:
U are the best

Why wouldn’t I just listen to music via Spotify or something

Loading music is annoying and can’t be turned off.

It’s like being stuck in a bus that plays only pop music.

I don’t think you’ve fully understood the add-on, by default there’s no music, in-game you can specify your own song to listen to, if you want. If you never specify a song, it won’t play anything on the loading url for you. It’s per player not a global setting.

Man I wish something like this would be forced onto every server. Sick and tired for hearing music I hate that I can’t stop.

Updated the OP to make it more clear what the addon does. Is there any interest in other file formats? I feel YouTube is the easiest for non-technical players to use.

Never understood why players just don’t put on their own music, but I think this is a really cool idea and it is nice that this is a public script too.

Idea:
For future additions I think it would be cool if you added a history or made it so they could have a playlist and it would cycle through their playlist each load or have it so on the last round their history pops up and they can select a song.

This is a great idea! I’ll try it out once I get home!

Playlists wouldn’t be too difficult to add, I’ll look at adding that tonight.

You’r download link it’s not working, can u fix it? btw you are the best thank’s xD

Whoops, there we go, fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Aw

It no work

You can stop loading music by muting the awesomium process. This also makes video ads muted too, which is a bonus.

too bad audio mixer freezes when garrysmod becomes unresponsive during loading, making it impossible to mute it

Did you restart your server after adding it? There’s only a single net message and it’s got a util.addnetworkstring attached.

Can you update the link please . :goodjob:

Will update the link when I’m back home, I thought I’d already put a Github link but it seems that isn’t the case.

[editline]12th September 2016[/editline]

Changed the download link to: https://github.com/Adzter/CustomLoadingMusic