D.E.M. - Possible Prologue

Yeah, I honestly don’t know whether or not I’ll continue this. This is my first real attempt at anything like this, so any feedback would be appreciated. I realise the poses are kinda crappy, but goshdernit I’m taking things one step at a time.

Also, I suck at comic effects. Did a little experimenting. Word on the street is you can click on the image to view it full size.

EDIT: Reuploaded, hopefully it’s not shrunk anymore.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/comi1final.png

Also, I would list all the custom stuff I used, but in all honesty I lost track of it. If you see anything that you created and you want credit, just let me know.

HAI U GUIZ SHUD I MAEK THIS INTERACTIV?

Well it looks promising. Narrative is good. Graphics is dark and depressive. Fits the theme well. It all depends on how you go from here. I think you should continue this.

Yeah, if I do continue it I would probably photoshop the individual frames a lot more, mess with the contrast and saturation and junk. Just not sure what I’d do yet. I don’t know, the map I used was pretty dark. I can also see it’s pretty much the shortest strip ever. (narrative? what narrative? :P)

I may have a stab at continuing it.

Narrative is telling the story.

I know. My joke was that it’s really not long enough to portray anything meaningful. :wink: It’s just some sad old man being sad. Anyways, thanks for the encouragement Rastifan, I appreciate it. ^^

If you have an interesting tale to tell I say go for it. But at the moment it seems rather generic, but I have some faith that this could turn into something good.

Well, that’s the thing. I have a rough idea of what I’m planning on doing, but the real clincher isn’t so much going to be the narrative but the execution. Thing is, I suck at execution. I’m working on the next installment now and it’s introducing a few more characters, most notably the protagonists on the Combine side.

Still, thanks for having faith. :slight_smile:

I hope, if you’re serious about this project, that you put acceptable time into everything (editing, posing, etc.). (Although that is a bit hypocritical on my part).

Use semi-desatSHEFing if you want dark in the day time.

Make it interactive, everybody loves interactive comics

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not. :downs: I hope so.

I’ll bear it in mind. I didn’t actually do any photoshopping to make things seem dark, all the lighting seen so far is actually a part of the map.

You should get that sarcasm detector fixed.

I might just buy a new one.

The last pic looked really good. Overall, you grasped the feeling very good.

NO DON’T MAKE IT INTERACTIVE! That would be a mistake. It’s very good the way it is.

I agree. 9 out if 10 comics are interactive it seems.

Don’t worry, I have no plans on going anywhere remotely near interactives ever. I don’t like handing creative control over to strangers.

Besides, that would really mess up the first episode I’m working on, which is probably 70-80% done, unless I choose to add even more to it.