D-Link Ports

A little whiles ago I purchased a D-Link DIR 615 Router, and ever since then, I could not figure out how to forward the proper ports on this specific router. I have done forwarding many times before on my Siemen Gigaset Router/Modem combination, and it worked fine. But now, whenever I try to forward the ports as said from www.portforward.com, and putting in the same shit I put in on the Siemen, I still can’t get it working. I have done all that crap like “heartbeat” and “sv_lan 0”, so I know thats not the issue. I am in fact on a wireless USB internet adaptor, although I’m pretty sure it isn’t the cause since it worked fine with the Siemen. The main reason I bought the router was to increase my single strength from the basement to upstairs, and it has helped.

So what I really want to know is what are the proper ports I should forward for this specific router. If someone with this router has the proper ports, or knows what they are, or dosn’t own the router and knows what they are (smart ass :D), then type 'em out.

Thanks.

You should test placing your IP in the DMZ of the router, that way you don’t need to open any ports.
This is very dangerous and risky though, as you will hardly have any security at all.
But test it anyhow to see if it works.

Well, I tried the DMZ. Yet again, no luck. At this point I can’t really say what the issue might be. I know I’m forwarding the right ports, but for some reason they just don’t get through to the router. I’m starting to think it might be a firewall issue, but earlier I configured the firewall many times and I couldn’t get any sign of it working, and besides, the DMZ is supposed to bi-pass that anyway. So, maybe there is a specific setting related to firewall that might be blocking the ports from opening correctly. I’ll try a bit more to figure it out, and thanks for the response.

No problem, good luck!

I got the same router as you have.

Its very easy just forward ports 27015 If its for garrysmod.

Yes but didn’t he say that he tried opening the ports already?

He said:
"But now, whenever I try to forward the ports as said from www.portforward.com, and putting in the same shit I put in on the Siemen, I still can’t get it working."