Darker Mouth ( Lighting Problem ) ?

Hey all, i can’t figure out how to make the better shading like in all other gmod/sfm models, anywhere and on any lighting the mouth doesn’t look so good - it’s just exactly the same brightness like the whole body texture, looks like the body doesn’t affect the shadows/darkness in the mouth.

PREVIEW:

The .vmt parameters for each texture is:

"vertexlitgeneric"
{
	"$baseTexture" "models\player	_phoenix\back"
                "$bumpmap" "models/player/t_phoenix\back_bump"
	"$phong" "1"
	"$phongboost" "1"
	"$phongexponent" "42"
	"$phongtint" "[1 1 1]"
	"$halflambert" "0"
	"$phongfresnelranges" "[.4 .8 30]"
	"$ambientocclusion" "1"

"$diffuseexp" "0.5"

}

bump…

because models dont inflict shadows on themselves in gmod, only in newer versions of source

Here are some references for you.

First: Material

"Teeth"
{
    "$basetexture" "models/Humans/Male/mouth"
    "$model" 1
    "$clientshader" "MouthShader"
    "$halflambert" 1
}

Notice how the shader is “teeth” rather than “vertexlitgeneric.” There’s currently no documentation on the shader, but it should handle shading differently to help with proper illumination.

There’s also a line in the QC if you use expressions and such (which I assume you do if the mouth is animated).

mouth 0 "mouth" "ValveBiped.Bip01_Head1" 0 1 0     // mouth illumination

If for some reason that isn’t already there, see this page.

Thanks for help, added that command “mouth” in the .qc and compiled, but what kind of shader it must be, can you give me some example ? And if i use “teeth” instead of “vertexlitgeneric” it becames greyish white and the rest becames wireframe.

And yea, atm after compiling with that command in .QC the mouth lighting is the same.