DarkRP + Assmod + SPP

Hey all,

I have searched around, both on google and these forums but I can’t really find answers for my problems…

I have run many CS:S and TF2 servers in my time, although this is my first time with a Garry’s Mod server so I am after a bit of help… Normally I use SourceMod :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are my problems:

1. Using AssMod, I have set up a few “Respected” members however they are able to move everyones props with the physgun. I just want them to be able to use the extra toolgun features. How is this done?

2. I have a few admin RP jobs, but I want respected members to be able to use them… How is this done?

3. What should I use? The DarkRP prop protection and scrap SPP? Or the other way round? Right now I am running both, no doubt they conflict…

4. I use FastDL, and some people say they have to keep downloading files everytime they join the server, below is the file list. Is this because they haven’t installed/updated PHX/wiremod? Since the server is running both. I thought you didn’t have to put the settings folder on FastDL?:

settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_1.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_2.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_3.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_4.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_5.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_6.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_7.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_8.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_9.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_10.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_11.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_12.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_13.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_14.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_15.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_16.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_17.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_18.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_19.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_20.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_21.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_22.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_23.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_24.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_25.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_26.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_27.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_28.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_29.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_30.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_31.txt
settings/render_targets/WireGPU_RT_32.txt
materials/expression2/cog.vtf
materials/expression2/cog.vmt
materials/expression2/cog_world.vmt
materials/VGUI/entities/laserPointer.vtf
materials/VGUI/entities/laserPointer.vmt
materials/Holograms/torus3.mdl
materials/Holograms/hqsphere.mdl
materials/Holograms/hqtorus2.mdl
materials/Holograms/torus.mdl
materials/Holograms/cylinder.mdl
materials/Holograms/cube.mdl
materials/Holograms/icosphere2.mdl
materials/Holograms/hqtorus.mdl
materials/Holograms/prism.mdl
materials/Holograms/dome.mdl
materials/Holograms/tetra.mdl
materials/Holograms/dome2.mdl
materials/Holograms/sphere3.mdl
materials/Holograms/sphere2.mdl
materials/Holograms/pyramid.mdl
materials/Holograms/cone.mdl
materials/Holograms/hqjcosphere.mdl
materials/Holograms/plane.mdl
materials/Holograms/icosphere3.mdl
materials/Holograms/hqcylinder.mdl
materials/Holograms/sphere.mdl
materials/Holograms/torus2.mdl
materials/Holograms/icosphere.mdl
materials/Holograms/hqsphere2.mdl
materials/Holograms/hqcylinder2.mdl
materials/Holograms/hqcone.mdl

Thanks in advanced for your help, it is appreciated a lot.

i would stick with spp it is allot more advanced,for making classes admin/immunity restricted i would just use the dark rp classmaker, i would also suggest using exsto admin mod for dark rp. Prefanical the creator of Exsto made the first versions of it for his dark rp servers so it will work perfectly with darkrp. If there are any other questions you have feel free to contact me at my email brodie@ontarioregimentgaming.com

Simple prop protection more advanced than falco’s prop protection? What are you stupid? Simple prop protection is, as the name implies, very simple.
Also, making use of a darkrp class maker would not make the classes useable by respected, i dont know how that fits in your logic.

Um yes it has options to set he classes to be used only by respected admin owner or superadmin or guest. Simple prop protection is allot better than FPP. It does have more advanced setting however the usage and configurations of it are very simple.

Dont know what strange realm you get your facts from, a class maker can make classes admin only, and superadmin only, just like normally.
And FPP is far more advanced than SPP, because SPP was made to be as simple as possible, while FPP was not, and it does not matter much as FPP is build into darkrp anyway.
I wont derail your thread further, sorry.

So I guess I should use FPP? How do I restrict jobs to certain users then :S

Also, what about the fastDL problem? I guess that is their own problem with not having Wiremod/PHX setup?

Well, about restricting jobs to certain user’s, unless you wanna code a lot of stuff yourself, your best bet would be to ask falco to make it.
And i think you should just remove all the wiremod related stuff from the download, there’s just some things that should never be downloaded from a server.