DarkRP Banking System

So as my first script on Scriptfodder, I created an ATM system, but apparently since 17 year-olds can’t be trusted with handling their own money (Paypal restrictions), I’m unable to sell anything -_- So since I can’t do anything else, I guess I might as well post it here for free

Features

• Easy-to-get simple bank operations (deposit, withdraw, etc)
  • Secure code with many checks
  • SQLite support (access the data from sv.db)
  • Custom model (automatically downloaded)
  • Painless install
  • Interest (configurable)
  • Spam protection
  • Transaction history
  • Admin alerts

What is it

This script allows a safe place where users can store their money without having to worry about being mugged, dying, or otherwise losing their money. It features SQLite support, secure code, custom models (downloaded automatically), interest, history, and many other features. The script is purposefully designed to be simple and easy to understand, yet contains very powerful code to back it up. You can literally drag this script into your addons folder and start using it right away without messing with the config or tediously setting up spawn vectors (it’s all done in-game!).

Installation

• Drop ‘humb’ into garrysmod/addons
  • Config file is located humb/lua/autorun\config.lua

Adding machines

• To place an ATM, look at the general area where you want your atm and type ‘humb_addATM’ in console
  • Rotate and move until you get it to the desired spot; every time you freeze the machine with your physgun, the coordinates get updated and saved as well
  • To remove an ATM, look at it and type ‘humb_removeATM’ in console

Download

Download this script here!

[video]https://youtu.be/6VYZKr0vROY[/video]

(note: in the video I talk about how secure my code is and then immediately point out the most basic thing it could defend against and makes me sound like an idiot. It does more then stop negative numbers D:< )

Screenshots

Main screen

ATM model

Admin notifications for large transactions (configurable)

Paychecks get sent directly to your account (configurable)

EDIT: Well it will thankfully still let me accept donations, so if you’re [feeling generous](https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=6W3VEZLP4A3QC&lc=US&item_name=Humbleness&currency_code=USD&bn=PP-DonationsBF%3Abtn_donate_LG.gif%3ANonHos ted) (:

One day I’ll have actual money I swear!

I only briefly looked over your code, but you don’t escape characters when handling in SQL. Take a look at this function:

sql.SQLStr you should use it when saving data that has some sort of user input, such as player names.

Also, put your work on GitHub

Hm, I’ll look at it, thanks for letting me know

As far as I know, there isn’t a way for a user to directly write in anything besides numbers (depositing and withdrawing), even the users are tracked by their steam ids, not their names, so I believe a person inserting escape characters shouldn’t be a huge issue, but it never hurts to be too cautious

Use github.

[editline]3rd November 2015[/editline]

And you could just create a unverified premier account.

You can also use BitBucket which is all around free and better. :3

good stuff no more stupid paid atm addons

Thanks man, although truth be told, my original intent was to put this up on the market for $3

I haven’t heard of BitBucket before, but I’ll try to get this on Github when I get the chance

Aritz actually has a free version of his atm on his website (an older version, but still works)

But I like how there are choices to add variety.
Nice work! <3

too many Networked variables! but i’m not sure if they cause as much lag like back in the days(before gmod 13)

Not too many networked variables, most of this stuff is manage in SQL, although I know that probably isn’t better :v:

In the config you can change how many things are loaded, and obviously you have to manually load your history and wait a second before it loads, so you can’t just spam open and close the menu and cause a ton of lag

Updated, fixed some things that things that weren’t networked correctly

Hey, thanks for the update, one problem. The banks don’t save when the server restarts, unless it’s not added, if so would be a nice feature.

I get this error when trying to place one.

] humb_addATM

[ERROR] addons/humb/lua/autorun/client/cl_init.lua:16: Calling net.Start with unpooled message name! [http://goo.gl/qcx0y]

1. Start - [C]:-1
  2. unknown - addons/humb/lua/autorun/client/cl_init.lua:16
    3. unknown - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:54

No update on this yet?

im trying to figure out how to wipe every players money in the ATM but cant seem to figure it out HELP PLEASE!

Hmm i dont have the console command humb_addATM its not work

what