DarkRP Custom Content

We are starting a darkrp server, and we have many classes made, but as soon as we link a custom model to a class, we get flooded with lua errors. How do you fix this? I know it is probably easy. We have a custom weapon, and it works fine. Please help, thank you.

Post the errors…

We have found part of the cause, the slashes in the directory were going the opposite direction of the slashes in windows explorer. But, the custom player model does not download itself. Thank you for replying. Do you know how to let custom content download.

I actually want to know the same thing as I’ve had this error too, getting the client to download custom content. Hopefully someone with the answer replies!

Do you use the custom class maker where you download from garrysmod.org or do you just do it the the shared.lua file?
If not here is the link: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=117336

He’s already said he fixed that issue, he just wants to know how to get users to download his custom content on the server like models.

ok, he could just post the urls of the models or he could just look up on how to make a custom content download.

Thank you for responding, i am trying to get these models working http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=88894 . I have tried making a file to make the files download, with no success. I have it in C:\srcds\orangebox\garrysmod\lua\autorun\server and it contains

function AddDir(dir) // recursively adds everything in a directory to be downloaded by client
local list = file.FindDir("…/"…dir…"/*")
for _, fdir in pairs(list) do
if fdir != “.svn” then // don’t spam people with useless .svn folders
AddDir(dir…"/"…fdir)
end
end

for k,v in pairs(file.Find("…/"…dir…"/*")) do
resource.AddFile(dir…"/"…v)
end
end

AddDir(“models/tf2”)

resource.AddFile( “models/player/spy_blue.mdl” )
resource.AddFile( “models/player/tf2/spy_blue.mdl” )

May I join your server and help with Darkrp add me on. steam

In your .cfg file do you have your download url?