DarkRP custom job problem. Help ASAP.

Hi, I have a problem with taking DarkRP Server 2.5.1. So when I want to add my own custom jobs but do not have file Shared.lua. I tried to install the addon “DarkRP modification addon” but after installation it does not work.

Really?.. jobs are in: gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/config/jobrelated.lua

And AddCustomTeam is now DarkRP.createJob

You shouldn’t be editing that file and be editing jobs.lua in the DarkRP modification file.

Download the darkrpmodification files and put this into /garrysmod/addons

Then in there find the jobs.lua file in “…customs things” folder and add your jobs.

Don’t edit core game files.

I downloaded this addon and what I was writing this thread

Sorry I don’t understand that english translation.

Please post your code for jobs.lua located in the location:
darkrpmodification / lua / darkrp_customthings / jobs.lua

I’m thinking you are trying to add a job that is a default one, and thus you need to disable the default job first. We won’t know until we have more info on what you are trying to do and how you are doing it.

:slight_smile:

Hey uh i’m sorry for doing this if not supposed to but I have been having one hell of a time trying to get my jobs to work. I’m not very good at lua and this jobs.lua script is p!ss!ing me off! Can someone please fix it for me? Like really please

/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------
DarkRP custom jobs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This file contains your custom jobs.
This file should also contain jobs from DarkRP that you edited.

Note: If you want to edit a default DarkRP job, first disable it in darkrp_config/disabled_defaults.lua
	Once you've done that, copy and paste the job to this file and edit it.

The default jobs can be found here:
https://github.com/FPtje/DarkRP/blob/master/gamemode/config/jobrelated.lua

For examples and explanation please visit this wiki page:
http://wiki.darkrp.com/index.php/DarkRP:CustomJobFields

Add jobs under the following line:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
TEAM_AYDIN = AddExtraTeam("Aydin\\\'s Custom Class", Color(0, 0, 255, 255),
 "models/player/combine_super_soldier.mdl", [[Aydin\'s Custom Class]], {"weapon_deagle","weapon_ak47","weapon_xm1014","weapon_lockpick","weapon_slam","weapon_knife","weapon_smokegrenade","weapon_famas","weapon_scout","weapon_hegrenade"}, "aydin", 2, 10000000000, 1, false, true, {civilian})
}

TEAM_CODY = AddExtraTeam("Cody\\\'s Custom Class", Color(255, 0, 0, 255), "models/player/zombiefast.mdl", [[Cody\'s Custom Class]], {"weapon_deagle","weapon_ak47","weapon_xm1014","weapon_knife"}, "cody", 2, 10000000000, 1, false, true, {civilian})
}

TEAM_THIEF = AddExtraTeam("Thief", Color(90, 90, 20, 255), "models/player/Phoenix.mdl", [[Your a thief, you steal shit.]], {"weapon_lockpick"}, "thief", 5, 65, 0, false, false, {civilian})
}

TEAM_TERRORIST = AddExtraTeam("Terrorist", Color(90, 90, 20, 255), "models/player/guerilla.mdl", [[Blow stuff up, announce Terrorist bombing before
doing so though or risk  a kick then a ban for
RDM.]], {"weapon_slam"}, "terrorist", 3, 60, 0, false, false, {civilian})
}

TEAM_ANTI = AddExtraTeam("Anti-Terrorist", Color(90, 90, 20, 255), "models/player/gasmask.mdl", [[Do whatever you can to stop terrorists from
bombing this great country!]], {"weapon_flashbang","weapon_glock","weapon_mp5navy"}, "anti", 3, 60, 0, true, true, {civilian})
}

TEAM_ADMIN = AddExtraTeam("Admin on Duty", Color(255, 0, 150, 255), "models/player/gasmask.mdl", [[Admin]], {"weapon_xm1014","weapon_m4a1"}, "admin", 15, 500, 1, false, true, {civilian})
}

TEAM_JUDGE = AddExtraTeam("Judge", Color(255, 0, 150, 255), "models/player/group01/Male_02.mdl", [[Your the judge of awesomness]], {"weapon_glock"}, "judge", 1, 150, 0, false, true, {civilian})
}

TEAM_BALLAS = AddExtraTeam("Ballas", Color(128, 0, 128, 255), "models/player/leet.mdl", [[You are against the Families]], {"weapon_knife"}, "ballas", 10, 50, 0, false, false, {civilian})
}

TEAM_FAMILIES = AddExtraTeam("Families", Color(0, 128, 0, 255), "models/player/artic.mdl", [[You are against the Ballas]], {"weapon_knife"}, "families", 10, 50, 0, false, false, {civilian})
}

TEAM_DRUG = AddExtraTeam("Drug Dealer", Color(90, 40, 140, 255), "models/player/eli.mdl", [[Sell some drugs.]], {}, "drug", 3, 75, 0, false, false, {civilian})
}

Define which team joining players spawn into and what team you change to if demoted
GAMEMODE.DefaultTeam = TEAM_CITIZEN

Define which teams belong to civil protection
Civil protection can set warrants, make people wanted and do some other police related things
GAMEMODE.CivilProtection = {
	[TEAM_POLICE] = true,
	[TEAM_CHIEF] = true,
	[TEAM_MAYOR] = true,
        [TEAM_ANTI] = true,
}

Jobs that are hitmen (enables the hitman menu)
DarkRP.addHitmanTeam(TEAM_MOB)