DarkRP Custom Playermodels

Hi,
I was trying to change the default blue citizen playermodel to a hostage to make DarkRP more realistic. I ran it and the picture for the class was different, but when I typed "thirdperson in the console, my model was a blue citizen. Any help?

Code?
In shared.lua is what we’ll need.

OK, how do you add code?
Here it is in normal text.

TEAM_CITIZEN = AddExtraTeam(“Citizen”, Color(20, 150, 20, 255), “models/characters/hostage_02.mdl”, [[You are an unemployed citizen, you get checks from the government]], {}, “citizen”, 0, 45, 0, false, false)

TEAM_POLICE = AddExtraTeam(“Civil Protection”, Color(25, 25, 170, 255), “models/player/police.mdl”, [[The protector of every citizen that lives in the city .
You have the power to arrest criminals and protect innocents.
Hit them with your arrest baton to put them in jail
Bash them with a stunstick and they might learn better than to disobey
the law.
The Battering Ram can break down the door of a criminal with a warrant
for his/her arrest.
The Battering Ram can also unfreeze frozen props(if enabled).
Type /wanted <name> to alert the public to this criminal
OR go to tab and warrant someone by clicking the warrant button]], {“arrest_stick”, “unarrest_stick”, “weapon_glock2”, “stunstick”, “door_ram”, “weaponchecker”}, “cp”, 4, 65, 0, true, true)

TEAM_GANG = AddExtraTeam(“Gangster”, Color(75, 75, 75, 255), “models/player/group03/male_01.mdl”, [[The lowest person of crime.
A gangster generally works for the Mobboss who runs the crime family.
The Mobboss sets your agenda and you follow it or you might be punished.]], {}, “gangster”, 3, 45, 0, false, false)

TEAM_GUN = AddExtraTeam(“Gun Dealer”, Color(255, 140, 0, 255), “models/player/monk.mdl”, [[A gun dealer is the only person who can sell guns to other
people.
However, make sure you aren’t caught selling guns that are illegal to
the public.
/Buyshipment <name> to Buy a weapon shipment
/Buygunlab to Buy a gunlab that spawns P228 pistols]], {}, “gundealer”, 2, 45, 0, false, false)

TEAM_MEDIC = AddExtraTeam(“Medic”, Color(47, 79, 79, 255), “models/player/kleiner.mdl”, [[With your medical knowledge, you heal players to proper
health.
Without a medic, people can not be healed.
Left click with the Medical Kit to heal other players.
Right click with the Medical Kit to heal yourself.]], {“med_kit”}, “medic”, 3, 45, 0, false, false)

TEAM_COOK = AddExtraTeam(“Cook”, Color(238, 99, 99, 255), “models/player/mossman.mdl”, [[As a cook, it is your responsibility to feed the other members
of your city.
You can spawn a microwave and sell the food you make:
/Buymicrowave]], {}, “cook”, 2, 45, 0, 0, false)

TEAM_MAYOR = AddExtraTeam(“Mayor”, Color(150, 20, 20, 255), “models/player/breen.mdl”, [[The Mayor of the city creates laws to serve the greater good
of the people.
If you are the mayor you may create and accept warrants.
Type /wanted <name> to warrant a player
Type /jailpos to set the Jail Position
Type /lockdown initiate a lockdown of the city.
Everyone must be inside during a lockdown.
The cops patrol the area
/unlockdown to end a lockdown]], {}, “mayor”, 1, 85, 0, true, false/, {TEAM_CHIEF, TEAM_POLICE}/)
TEAM_HOBO = AddExtraTeam(“Hobo”, Color(80, 45, 0, 255), “models/player/corpse1.mdl”, [[The lowest member of society. All people see you laugh.
You have no home.
Beg for your food and money
Sing for everyone who passes to get money
Make your own wooden home somewhere in a corner or
outside someone else’s door]], {“weapon_bugbait”}, “hobo”, 5, 0, 0, false)

I know I should put it in code. Tell me how.

You probably were editing the file when you opened the game

OK, I’ll try running it again, in case that was the problem.

[editline]11th January 2011[/editline]

No, that wasen’t

try using a different model

Are you sure you were citizen?

Yes, I’m sure, I tried at first to use the HL2 citizen in beige.
It didn’t work.

OK, i’ll try CP.

Same for CP.

Wait, I might be enforceing the default models, could that make a difference?

“models/characters/hostage_02.mdl”
“models/player/police.mdl”

See what happens when you put the model in the same folder as the other models. Although, you may have to turn off enforce default models.

No, it makes it so you can use whatever playermodel you want. IE using the DOD soldier model as a citizen.

Oh, didnt see youre reply
i was talking about the default model enforce

I used gcfscape to get the models and put them in my DarkRP/content/models folder

Didn’t work.

I’m gonna test it wit another job.

If you didn’t have the models or put it in wrong path you would look like an error.

You are not editing the file and uploading it correctly.

Does your server have the model in the FTP?

I don’t know DarkRP, but try looking around in files for other instances of code including the model, you might be missing a line that you need to change for it to work.

If he didn’t have the model he would be an error sign for missing content, not a citizen model.

Not from serverside, if it was missing on a client it would be an error. Client and server are two different things.

what is ftp?

[editline]12th January 2011[/editline]

Ummmm… I didn’t edit it, I just put the folder path in. At your prompting, I took the file from the GCF, but I didn’t edit it.

I checked around DarkRP for any other mentions of the citizen or hostage playermodel, and couldn’t fin anything.

In case nobody saw this, in the f4/jobs menu, the picture for the class is the hostage, and the anim thats near the description is a hostage walking. Also, I’ve checked in sandbox that hostage_02 is a working playermodel.

Oops, it wasnt at Zzzaaacccckkk’s prompting that I changed it, it’s just that you both have a bieber avatar

I tried changing the cop’s job model and it worked.

FTP is how you trasnfer files to a server… i guess you’re doing single player i you don’t know what it is.

Did you try the other thing I said? Looking for other references of the citizen model in the code of other files?

Fail quote

FTP, File Transfer Protocol. It is a remote transfer protocol used to copy a file from a client to a server, and vise versa. Common programs used for FTP are filezilla and SmartFTP.

Oh, I’m doing singleplayer.
When I buy a server slot, I’ll ave to mess with that.

That was so copied + pasted lol

Jesus its so hard not to flame a DarkDM thread -_-, if you told DarkDM the model is “models/characters/hostage_02.mdl”, go to that directory to check if the model is actually there, if it isnt, put it there, if you can’t/it still doesn’t work, I’m sorry, give up.

Garry’s Mod, since being a mod of Half-Life 2, is automatically rated Mature, which means you need to be 18, but noone cares so 14-16 year olds are the common players, which I guess is ok with parental consent, BUT Garry’s Mod is speshul cause it’s really complicated, especially if you want to make gamemode’s modify gamemodes, anything with coding.

If you dont want to read the above, try this again when your 15 and gained some computer knowledge
If you dont want to read the above, try this again when your 15 and gained some computer knowledge

Not at all

Also maybe you should come back when you turn 13 :downs: