DarkRP Scripting question - Ingame car purchase and server always knows you have bought one

Im making a community slowly. At the moment we have a gmod sandbox server and a Minecraft server.

Next server we would like is a DarkRp Server. Coded alot so far however I would like to have a function where once you buy a car from the f4 menu, the server remembers that you have bought one. Even after youy leave the server still has data that your steam id owns a car. So when a player rejoins he can respawn that car with no extra cost. I have googled for the past 2 hours with no luck on how this would be done. I do edits mainly and I am slowly learning. I know i would have to save the data to a text file but i do not know how to do all this. So if someone can help me with this I can also learn at the same time.

Regards
Adamski0811

You would use MySQL or some other form of saving ( I say MySQL because it’s the easiest ). After that it’s just a question of logic.

See in my head a flatfile structure would do the job, if its possbile I’m not to sure. Doesent have to be in a secure database, as to be honest who would hack to give themself a car on game? But I’ll look into SQL saving anyway, once I try figure out how to get data from people buying a vehicle.

Regards
Adamski0811