Darkrp shared.lua problem

ok anything i do to my shared.lua totaly just makes my darkrp not work right i dont understand whats going on im editing all my classes the right way there is nothing wrong with how im doing it so ive come to think its another problem in another folder or lua file. my salary goes away i get yellow tags in the TAB menu an there are no jobs.i can /switch to the job so i know its working but there are no jobs in the menu. and another thing is it works on singleplayer an not multiplayer. it just feels like anything i do to my shared.lua just fucks the hole thing up im using the ++notepad and all if anyone has any clue of wtf is going on with my shared.lua file please help me ive been working on this for a week alrdy

Well if it mess up your observiusly doing something wrong. Let me translate this post first…

[editline]02:08PM[/editline]

Show us your code

dude all i did was add the swat you gave me to my shared.lua

EDIT: im telling you anything i do just fucks it up it has to be something else

EDIT: and i dont know how to show the code in lua form do i just copy an paste is here?

[editline]09:20AM[/editline]

–VAR without /!!! The name the color(what you see in tab) the player model The description
TEAM_HOBO = AddExtraTeam(“Hobo”, Color(80, 45, 0, 255), “models/player/corpse1.mdl”, [[The lowest member of society. All people see you laugh.
You have no home.
Beg for your food and money
Sing for everyone who passes to get money
Make your own wooden home somewhere in a corner or
outside someone else’s door]], {“weapon_bugbait”}, “hobo”, 5, 0, 0, false)
//No extra weapons say /hobo to become hobo Maximum hobo’s = 5 his salary = 0 because hobo’s don’t earn money. 0 = everyone can become hobo , false = you don’t have to vote to become hobo
// MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO / IN THE TEAM NAME OR IN THE TEAM COMMAND:
// TEAM_/DUDE IS WROOOOOONG !!!
// HAVING “/dude” IN THE COMMAND FIELD IS WROOOOOOOONG!!!
//ADD TEAMS UNDER THIS LINE:
TEAM_SWAT = AddExtraTeam(“SWAT”, Color(20, 150, 20, 255), “models/player/group01/urban.mdl”, [[HELP!]], {“lockpick”}, “swat”, 0, 45, 0, false)

[editline]09:47AM[/editline]

if there is anyone out there that can help me please do i got a 50man server just waiting to go up with over 40+ people waiting to play in the server ive been working on this problem for a week now i just would like to get my server going.

50 slots server for DarkRP? Shit…

Anyways, you’re console will give you some errors.

Try launching a multiplayer server and if it doesent work, you should get tons of errors in your console.
So; look at your console and post the error here, or/and have a look at it yourself.

And you put the code like this: [ lua ] Hi [ /lua ] <-- Without the spaces.

All i did when i gave you that was adding quotes that you was missing to your old code. Show us the error in the server console.

[lua]=== Loading RadioMod Menus ===
autorun/crysis_playermodels.lua:2: unfinished string near ‘"models/players/kano/tactical/’
autorun/cSx_NPC’s.lua:10: unfinished string near ‘"models/players/kano/ninja/’
======== Beam NetVars Lib v0.71 Installed ========
=== Loading Wire Menus ===
=== Loading Wire Model Packs ===
Loaded: PHXWireModels.txt
Loaded: default.txt
Loaded: cheeze_buttons2.txt
Loaded: wire_model_pack_1.txt
Loaded: wire_model_pack_1plus.txt
Adding Cheeze’s Buttons Pack
Jaanus’ Thruster Pack
loading materials
loading material: cable/rope_icon
loading material: cable/cable2
loading material: cable/xbeam
loading material: cable/redlaser
loading material: cable/blue_elec
loading material: cable/physbeam
loading material: cable/hydra
loading material: arrowire/arrowire
loading material: arrowire/arrowire2
Registering gamemode ‘sandbox’ derived from ‘base’
Darkrp\gamemode\shared.lua:142: attempt to call global ‘AddDoorGroup’ (a nil value)
Registering gamemode ‘Darkrp’ derived from ‘sandbox’
-NPC Control-
Main Content Loaded
Episode 2 Content Loaded!

-NPC Control-
Main Content Loaded

-NPC Control-
Main Content Loaded

Loading Wire Tools
— Missing Vgui material HUD/killicons/babycrab
entities\mario_sent_atomic_bomb\shared.lua:6: unfinished string near ‘"RayFanMan(RayFan9876)’
Folder = entities/mario_sent_atomic_bomb
AdminSpawnable = true
Spawnable = false
Couldn’t register Scripted Entity mario_sent_atomic_bomb - the Type field is empty!
entities\mk-82-fragile_sent_atomic_bomb\shared.lua:6: unfinished string near ‘"RayFanMan(RayFan9876)’
Folder = entities/mk-82-fragile_sent_atomic_bomb
AdminSpawnable = true
Spawnable = false
Couldn’t register Scripted Entity mk-82-fragile_sent_atomic_bomb - the Type field is empty!
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got EOF instead of keyname in file settings/spawnlist/Hexed COD MW2 guys.txt
173, Entries, (8),
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got EOF instead of keyname in file settings/spawnlist/Hexed COD MW2 guys.txt
173, (Entries), (8),
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file settings/spawnlist/policepackspawnlist.txt
0, Entries, 2,
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got EOF instead of keyname in file settings/spawnlist/policepackspawnlist.txt
0, (Entries), (38),
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got EOF instead of keyname in file settings/spawnlist/slownpcpack2.txt
1, Entries, (20),
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got EOF instead of keyname in file settings/spawnlist/slownpcpack2.txt
1, (Entries), (20),
ERROR: Trying to derive entity npc_facehugger_old from non existant entity monster_base!
ERROR: Trying to derive entity sent_rg_bullet from non existant entity base_point!
ERROR: Trying to derive entity sent_nuke_radiation from non existant entity base_point!
Sending 844 ‘User Info’ ConVars to server (cl_spewuserinfoconvars to see)
Bad sequence (2047 out of 5 max) in GetSequenceLinearMotion() for model ‘Player.mdl’!
Bad sequence (2047 out of 5 max) in GetSequenceLinearMotion() for model ‘Player.mdl’!
Redownloading all lightmaps
vgui/SpawnIcon.lua:108: bad argument #1 to ‘SetModel’ (string expected, got table)
Generated Spawn Icon (0 left in queue)
vgui/SpawnIcon.lua:108: bad argument #1 to ‘SetModel’ (string expected, got table)
Generated Spawn Icon (0 left in queue)[/lua]

EDIT: i hope this helps you solve the problem

Use [noparse][lua][/lua][/noparse] tags please.

go fuck yourself k? why dont you show me how to do it an i would

EDIT: thanks busymonkey :slight_smile:

I just did. You put [noparse][lua][/noparse] before your code, and [noparse][/lua][/noparse] after you code.

[editline]05:55PM[/editline]

What’s with the attitude anyway, I was just trying to help.

oh really thanks for telling me how to do it now! yeah thanks a ton bud :confused:

EDIT: sorry bro bit of a hot head atm with this stupid server shit…

been trying to fix it for a week now

Wow, Cleric should learn how to spell.

[lua]Darkrp\gamemode\shared.lua:142: attempt to call global ‘AddDoorGroup’ (a nil value)[/lua]

You didnt have to copy-paste your whole console, just the thing where you got an error.

Anyways, apperently, something is wrong with line 142 in shared.lua .

I wouldnt know why the hell AddDoorGroup would have anything to do with it, but… who knows.

Good luck!

If he has done something wrong in the dark rp files though the whole game mode would screw up, so it may not be in there. If I were you I would trace back your steps on what you have done recently which made it screw up.

If i were you, i would completely remove my darkrp, and try again (its not like you did much anyway, its just one freakin’ class, i’ve done far more than that and im not even thinking of hosting a server)
If you need any help, add me on steam and i’ll see what i can do.

Yea, Elowin and Sintwin are right;

Either just delete your custom class, and see if the problem is gone, or re-install DarkRP and see if it works. Then, try to add your class and see if it happends again; try not to copy-paste, just follow the instructions and code it manually.

Or instead of doing it manually, copy paste one of the existing classes and just edit it.
Its way easier, and it should usually work.

i have exact same problem, even if i use the classmaker PHP script…

Don’t use a class maker do it by hand. I do all my code by hand, I would never use a program. Also, Loose the attitude if you want help. Don’t flare people unless you want a ban(if you haven’t noticed they are pretty easy to get).

[editline]03:54AM[/editline]

Go in your FTP and goto the models folder I think and look for what you want. Put it in the form …

[lua]TEAM_SWAT = AddExtraTeam(“SWAT”, Color(20, 150, 20, 255), “models/directoryname/modelname.fileextention”, [[HELP!]], {“lockpick”}, “swat”, 0, 45, 0, false)[/lua]

You can add a extra directory name if required so it would be…

[lua]“models/directoryname/directoryname2/modelname.fileextention”[/lua]

It’s been 2 months now guys.

I think he has either dropped it or fixed it by now.

Oh shit didn’t look at the date ><