DarkRP Want, Suggestions, etc..

Okay i am pretty much ready to spend quite a bit on a DarkRP true re-make.
First I have to know what i should add tho…
I need suggestions, comments, what you think and more…

Oh, and this is based off my RealRP post that i didn’t like soo yea

I don’t care for plain jobs when it comes to this, cause i’m talking about game-play changes such as currency, shops, and etc…

Thanks, Taylo Cracker

P.S. my name in my favorite servers is Taylo Cracker

P.S.S. i thought this thread goes here please comment if i’m wrong (i always make sure on sites like this till’ i ahve at least 100 posts, and am confident lol)

INPUT on INPUT: Might be a good idea Craky tnx. I am definitely going to add a “theme” tnx kurtis axl. Jocken, you gave me a few great ideas i will be sure to experiment / add all of them (they were all good ideas)…

IDEAS ACCEPTED: I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THESE IDEAS SO IF I MAKE THEM ALL YOU GUYS WILL BE IN CREDITS :slight_smile:

role play theme

An actual inventory system, which saves your inventory when you disconnect

There will be no voting system you have to earn jobs from a NPC by doing other jobs to get that job

Character setup. Roleplay is about character development, so it’s rather unrealistic to have a new player model automatically assigned to you upon everytime you spawn. A character creation system would be nice, although if that’s too hard for you you could at least add a menu when you spawn that lets you choose a roleplay name and a model. — I will most likely use PAC or similar because this will be fairly hard for me.

Inventory, like DerpRP Inventory.
Bank system, like DarkRP Bank v1.1.
Factions, like from Nexus, Cider and Tiramasu.
Character creation, with a description.
Stats, like an RPG.
A law menu.
Tons of new items (I know this doesn’t help, but I mean like not just food, guns, and contraband).
Make it like real life, with tan shirt citizens and CSS hostages as citizen models, and Police Pack V3 NYPD officers for the cops.

P.S. If you can help me plz msg me (ONLY IF YOU CAN MAP, MODEL, OR CODE IN Lua C++, OR html).I dont think i will pay ppl unless the game-mode is awesome and we sell it for like 4 bucks lol (we will have to release a not as good version to public tho) – Some contributers will get a msg from me asking of help with ideas, etc.

S.W.A.T - Carries Deagle and M16, must vote to become one, the mayor can enable and disable the job when he wants.

http://www.pophate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/duck_hunt_dog.gif

Make a thing that allows the Owner to make classes an’ delete classes in-game!

Make a role play theme. Without one, you can’t really expect players to role play, especially in DarkRP.

Define Theme, plz?? i don’t quite understand lol sorry.

By theme I mean a story that goes with the game mode.

Like, for example, I am creating one right now that goes by this sort of theme. (Yes, sadly using darkrp as a base. I tried making my own, but got stuck with some saving problems)

You start as a citizen. A lonely, civilian with no friends. The only thing you have is the pants and shirt you’re wearing, and 1000 dollars that your parents gave you to live your life. You hang out in the allies for a while, eventually thinking one night: ‘Tomorrow, I’m going to do what I want.’ You decide if you want to deal some drugs with the mafia (or mob boss + gangsters in this case?) or go visit the local employer, and try to get accepted for a job application. Or, you can move back in with your parents.
Eventually, you start realizing your stomach is growling. You can either rob a store with your new gang, steal some food out of your parents pantry, make your own, or beg for some. If you don’t have a a job, and start owing debt, you will eventually become a hobo. Trust me, you don’t want to become a hobo. The cops will beat you, spit at you, the rich will mock you, not even sparing a dime. Even the civilians will silently laugh in the background.

That’s just some of it I have in my mind, and I’m coding some minor stuff. Taking out some unneeded things, etc. Over break I will get into the real coding. But I’m sure if you somehow succeed - well, good luck.

That just sounds like your average CityRP server.

As for DarkRP: don’t use DarkRP. I know that this has been said several times before, but seriously, when are people gonna stop trying to “fix” DarkRP. The gamemode is obviously intended for very unserious DMRP, and some people actually enjoy that (mostly 12 year olds, but still). If you even manage to make DarkRP worthwhile playing, you will still get flamed for it. This is facepunch, everyone hates DarkRP on here.

If you still feel determined to do this, then be my guest. Here are some things you could add:

• An actual inventory system, which saves your inventory when you disconnect
  • A whitelist system. Remove the shitty ass voting system entirely.
  • Actual factions, like an actual police force with real ranks and what not.
  • Character setup. Roleplay is about character development, so it’s rather unrealistic to have a new player model automatically assigned to you upon everytime you spawn. A character creation system would be nice, although if that’s too hard for you you could at least add a menu when you spawn that lets you choose a roleplay name and a model.
  • Remove all unnecessary features. The roleplay elements in a gamemode are meant to support the RP, not restrict it.

Inventory, like DerpRP Inventory.
Bank system, like DarkRP Bank v1.1.
Factions, like from Nexus, Cider and Tiramasu.
Character creation, with a description.
Stats, like an RPG.
A law menu.
Tons of new items (I know this doesn’t help, but I mean like not just food, guns, and contraband).
Make it like real life, with tan shirt citizens and CSS hostages as citizen models, and Police Pack V3 NYPD officers for the cops.

[editline]24th January 2011[/editline]

What gamemode should he mod?

wow those are some awesome ideas lol, i will probably make a game-mode from scratch or use DarkRP as base… so yea, but you can’t make a game-mode from other peoples add-ons that cheating. i know i will use some but i will need to implement my own into it tnx joshb

Also I think drugs are stupid to use. You should either use a drug that you have to grow that you can sell to an NPC buyer (Sorry for this but there are addons for these, Growing Weed Plant and DerpRP NPC Buyers). Or, you could have a boredom bar, where if you don’t take drugs/shoot/eat/use computer (PC Mod :() you will have hallucinations and randomly have messages and randomly move around.

[editline]25th January 2011[/editline]

Or not have drugs at all.

And the stats should be temporary, like stamina and hunger and also permanent, like accuracy, endurance etc.

I just reread the OP. The RP theme, means you have to have a setting, or theme. The problem is, one, If you are maintaining the setting of DarkRP, then there is no theme, and 2, if there is an RP theme, then you haven’t told us what it is.

I suppose you could just call it Real Life Roleplay.

Save buildings. I’ve always had this thought. Play on flatgrass then have properties which you can purchase flat land to build on and save. Once the person leaves the server either, remove the buildings (but saved) to reduce lag but keep the land owned to the player, or keep the buildings but in a freeze lag free way. Then if the person doesn’t come back in a week or less remove the buildings and put the land up for sale again.

You could even have a rent option thats really cheap so people could rent the land while there on the server but loose it as soon as they leave.

The inventory idea is real good. I hate being a gun dealer, getting a shipment then having to leave the server for IRL reasons.

Also make it so people can get lawyers in jail which can be like there mob boss to break them out.

autoban annyone that kills more than 3 people in 1 miniute

Another few thins I’d really like to see in darkRP are:
Consciousness system (like knocking people out)
Voting should be for the mayor, but you have to get other jobs from NPCs,
Maybe you should have an Official job, which votes for the mayor, or on the laws the mayor proposes and has to be voted by the people.
(similar to U.S. congress)
Random events like fires, zombie attacks and plagues (plagues would add more depth to a doctor)
An idea I just had after writing down the last one: sickness, you get sick randomly, usually once every half hour, and you have to go to a doctor otherwise you die.
SERIOUS RP features like talk, yell, whisper, pm (requires a phone that you buy from shopkeeper), LOOC, OOC, advert, 911 and broadcast

snip

I am ujploading the mods I made for it. So other people can use them also.

I also made some special drug labs.

[editline]5th February 2011[/editline]

Btw, the host I am using give me 500gb of upload space, only downside is, that sometimes when you download my file, it gets corrupted.

Just redownload it.

Here is the link:

[editline]5th February 2011[/editline]

I have added a recovery file within the zip. But jsut redownload if that fails.

Ow I am sorry, I thought this was a add your suggestion topic. I read two topics at the same time, I am so sorry.

RP with no guns would be interresting. Just gravity gun, some props and also maybe some items that could be nice to have. Apartments would be cool to. (Not like pressing f4 to own a door or something.)

Off-Topic: Need a section on facepunch specificly for DarkRP/RP

There used to be a roleplay section, as well as a roleplay gamemode release section, but Garry removed them both for unknown reasons.

Anyway, GModRP was actually pretty fun when it first came out, because it was exactly like that. It had no guns, and it was hell of a lot better than DarkRP.
Sadly, slob (the creator of it) decided to start a war against DarkRP and a bunch of e-drama appeared. I started editing GModRP to create a more “old-school” RP server bringing back the days of 2007-2008 RP, but I lost inspiration for it.

I updated my pack:
New version: (this one is not corrupted, test downloaded it 5 times)
http://85.145.0.109:28015/download/index.php

And here you can see it in action.
steam://connect/85.145.0.109:27015

Server ip= 85.145.0.109:27015