DarkRp

Hello I Just Got And DarkRp Server And I Want Too Add Some More Jobs To It. So I Found This Shared.Lua And I Wanted Add The Jobs To My Server. But When I Do And I get On My Server I Get Errors And Than I Have Now Weapons And My Jod Doest Show Up and When i hit f4 There is Nothing There.(If Needed I Will Post the Lua. But It Is Kida Big And Long xD

please don’t start every word with a capital.

Looks like you did the jobs incorrectly!

use this is awesome :slight_smile: http://darkrp.megagamer.net/kit/index.php?i=classmaker

Please start your first word with a capital letter.
And as the user above me said, you’ve done the jobs incorrectly somehow, remove all your jobs and re-add them all once at a time, start the server and get on every single time, and eventually you will find the jobs that are ruining it.
Isnt it fun trying to run a server?

Yea, like the guy said above; try adding one job at the time, then restarting your server and try it out.

And Please Dont Talk Like This It Is Very Annoying.

Sorry about typing in in caps ever new word xD my bad spelling habit. i will try what you guys said. ill post back in a bit

[editline]12:24PM[/editline]

Okay that did not work Bambs. this is the code it made just to test it out:

TEAM_GUARD = AddExtraTeam(“Guard”, Color(51, 51, 0, 255), “models/player/leet.mdl”, [[Gaurd For Hire
]], {“weapon_ak472”}, “guard”, 2, 40, 0, true, true, {})

I think i might be puting it in the shared.lua wrong or something. Please Reply.

Post your whole shared.lua, that line looks good… you are probbably putting it wrong…

k 1 sec

[editline]01:29PM[/editline]

YAY! I got it to work. I Download Notepad++ Than Did it. But When i hit F4 i dont see the Job in the Job Menu I Have to type /guard to become that job. Could That Fix that?

I suggest you use the latest subversion (SVN) of DarkRP, which can be found here: http://darkrp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

If you do not have an SVN client, you can download TortoiseSVN here: http://tortoisesvn.net/
It will require you to restart Windows in order to take effect.

From there, you should have no random LUA errors, and you will be able to implement new custom jobs much more easily.

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Well I Cant SVN Update my Server. I Bought it From A Server Provider so i can not SVN Update it

[editline]04:16PM[/editline]

Hold I Think i know how

[editline]05:16PM[/editline]

Okay Now I got The Most Recent Version Of DarkRP Ill Try that in a sec

If the server provider dosent allow then you to upload files you shall probbably change, you dont press a SVN button. you download it then upload :doh:

It let’s me upload stuff i found out how xD. but i updated my DarkRP and the server DarkRP and i still dont see the job in the f4 under jobs section.
i can do /nameoftheimade and become it but it not showinf up in the f4 menu under jobs. Is there something else i need to do?

TEAM_GUARD = AddExtraTeam("Guard", Color(51, 51, 0, 255), "models/player/leet.mdl", [[Gaurd For Hire
]], {"weapon_ak472"}, "guard", 2, 40, 0, true, true, {})

Doesent work, because you put “{}” for some reason.

You only need to do this:

true, true, {TEAM_LAWLS})

If you want people to be TEAM_LAWLS, before they can choose the job.

Anyways, remove the {} (curly brackets).

Where Would I put

true, true, {TEAM_LAWLS}) at

:doh:

Dont add that. It was an example.

Here’s the full code, since you’re either incredibly stupid or too lazy to read what I just posted.

TEAM_GUARD = AddExtraTeam("Guard", Color(51, 51, 0, 255), "models/player/leet.mdl", [[Gaurd For Hire
]], {"weapon_ak472"}, "guard", 2, 40, 0, true, true)

Lol I Am New To Lua Codeing… :stuck_out_tongue:

[editline]12:11PM[/editline]

Yay It Worked :smiley: Thanks Guys For the Help. If i got any more Problems I Pm Back Here