Day to Night

Ok i had an idea for a gmodsurvival map where it switches from day to night to day over and over and while its night having zombies spawn and attack the survivors so it becomes like zombie survival with a bit more to it. Any help on how to do this?

I don’t believe this is possible in source.

It would be possible to make a cube with the skybox textures themselves spawn in the 3d skybox to make it seem that it’s night, but Idk about the lighting.

I saw a video that did it like i wanted had a full cycle with moving shadows and everything here at this link http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.php?p=14447277&postcount=39 and thats what id like to get

Well then I have no idea.

ya me either that person did have it on garrysmod.org but its been removed

^

PM them or something ask how it was done and/or ask them if there’s a mirror of the download and decompile to see its inner workings

man this is getting annoying i really want to make this map. does anyone know how i can set the zombies to spawn on a timer aswell?

Have a logic_timer trigger an npc_maker, npc_template_maker, and/or a point_template containing the template NPCs.

Issnt that a dynamic light just moving across the map?

skybox on a tanktrain?

Nah i rlly think it is a light dynamic on a tracktrain. Skybox is maybe an animated texture or something.

-snip-

What? snip? You never even posted anything in the first place.

Isn’t L4D2 supposed to have dynamic light_environments? You could just then have an animated skydome wrapped around your map…

Could someone just attempt to put inputs into a light environment to see if it does anything?

You could just do a more simple way like that Counter Strike source helmsdeep ZE map where the map changes from day to nighttime and the battle starts. Look for supplies and stuff during the day and when night come bunker down.

You can’t do anything but turn it off.

@BaseClass color(180 10 180) = Light
[
	_light(color255) : "Brightness" : "255 255 255 200"
	_lightHDR(color255) : "BrightnessHDR" : "-1 -1 -1 1"
	_lightscaleHDR(float) : "BrightnessScaleHDR" : "1" : "Amount to scale the light by when compiling for HDR."
	style(Choices) : "Appearance" : 0 =
	[
		0 : "Normal"
		10: "Fluorescent flicker"
		2 : "Slow, strong pulse"
		11: "Slow pulse, noblack"
		5 : "Gentle pulse"
		1 : "Flicker A"
		6 : "Flicker B"
		3 : "Candle A"
		7 : "Candle B"
		8 : "Candle C"
		4 : "Fast strobe"
		9 : "Slow strobe"
	]
	pattern(string) : "Custom Appearance" : "" : "Set a custom pattern of light brightness for this light. Pattern format is a string of characters, where 'a' is total darkness, 'z' fully bright. i.e. 'aaggnnttzz' would be a steppy fade in from dark to light."
	_constant_attn(string)	: "Constant" : "0"
	_linear_attn(string)	: "Linear" : "0"
	_quadratic_attn(string)	: "Quadratic" : "1"
	_fifty_percent_distance(string) : "50 percent falloff distance" : "0": "Distance at which brightness should fall off to 50%. If set, overrides linear constant and quadratic paramaters."
	_zero_percent_distance(string) : "0 percent falloff distance" : "0": "Distance at which brightness should fall off to negligible (1/256)%. Must set _fifty_percent_distance to use."
	_hardfalloff(integer) : "hard falloff" : 0 : "If set, causes lights to fall to exactly zero beyond the zero percent distance. May cause unrealistic lightijng if not used carefully."
	// Inputs
	input TurnOn(void) : "Turn the light on."
	input TurnOff(void) : "The the light off."
	input Toggle(void) : "Toggle the light's current state."
	input SetPattern(string) : "Set a custom pattern of light brightness for this light. Pattern format is a string of characters, where 'a' is total darkness, 'z' fully bright. i.e. 'aaggnnttzz' would be a steppy fade in from dark to light."
	input FadeToPattern(string) : "Fades from first value in old pattern, to first value in the new given pattern. Pattern format is a string of characters, where 'a' is total darkness, 'z' fully bright. i.e. 'aaggnnttzz' would be a steppy fade in from dark to light."
]

pattern(string) : "Custom Appearance" : "" : "Set a custom pattern of light brightness for this light. Pattern format is a string of characters, where 'a' is total darkness, 'z' fully bright. i.e. 'aaggnnttzz' would be a steppy fade in from dark to light."

input SetPattern(string) : "Set a custom pattern of light brightness for this light. Pattern format is a string of characters, where 'a' is total darkness, 'z' fully bright. i.e. 'aaggnnttzz' would be a steppy fade in from dark to light."
	input FadeToPattern(string) : "Fades from first value in old pattern, to first value in the new given pattern. Pattern format is a string of characters, where 'a' is total darkness, 'z' fully bright. i.e. 'aaggnnttzz' would be a steppy fade in from dark to light."

How about patterns? All lights, including light_environment, are derived from the base light entity, so they all share those keyvalues.