Death note style kill (probably lag)

I’ve noticed sometimes when moving around you’ll simply stop, your hud goes blank and you die. This all occurs without any auditory confirmation nor any HUD specific damage showing where the killing blow came from. Kind of like “HNNNNGGGGGG”

I’ve encountered this bug a few times before and again tonight.

In this instance I was somewhat expecting to die because I wanted to go out in a blaze of glory and kill as many people as I could before I died and ended my session for the night. While hiding behind cover I was accosted by someone but managed to bring them down before they got to me. Thats when I got the damageless “death note” kill and simply slumped over. I’m assuming all these instances were lag/hack kills but I’m not entirely sure.

I’ve seen other people complain about “random” deaths as well so I figured I wasn’t the only one.

Garry: smiting the crime of Rust with one name at a time.

[editline]19th June 2013[/editline]

I’ve been mostly good all day. I was loaded down with an M4, all leather armor and a pistol fully decked out with lasers and scopes and such along with a nice supply of gunpowder and metal fragments so hopefully someone was able to loot my corpse. I announced to the whole server what I was doing to try to draw some attention to myself and pretty much killed everyone I saw on my way by the newb factory so I figured I would get cut down quick. :words: