Decay

After 12h the decay start on stone foundation. How fast is the decay?? I lost 1 house which decayed after 1day. The house had 300hp. Thats normally enough to survive a night. How much hp does a foundation loss in a hour. Its easier to plan when i know it.

We had the same issue this morning. Almost lost a sheet metal base over night where it would normally have taken only a bit of decay damage.
Downloaded another patch this morning though, perhaps it included a fix for this?

Decay is stupid in this game I understand why it’s there it’s just wrong at the moment.

We lost most of defenses, my base in 20h got from 500 to 100

stupid new decay it faster…

change old system decay please…

Decay stupid :frowning: So unrealistic :((((((

So you have a wood base then?

Twigs
6 Hour Delay
6 Hour Duration

Wood
12 Hour Delay
24 Hour Duration

Stone
12 Hour Delay
48 Hour Duration

Sheet Metal
12 Hour Delay
72 Hour Duration

Armored
24 hour Delay
120 hour Duration

Wood would be 250 HP

I had a fully repaired sheet metal base 26 hours ago, just logged in and it’s completely gone. I should have had 12 hours of delay then another 3 days for it to decay away, but something obviously went wrong.

I believe in the Devblog, they mentioned the new decay rates were more generous than before, but I think someone placed a decimal in the wrong place because it’s all going WAY faster now.

sffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfd dffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddf fddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffd fdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsf fsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddf fddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffd dffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfd fdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffs fddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffd dffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddf fdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfd sffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfd dffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddf fddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffd fdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsf fsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddf fddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffd dffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfd fdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffs fddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffd dffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddf fdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfd sffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfd dffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddf fddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffd fdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsf fsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddf fddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffd dffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfd fdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffs fddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffd dffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddf fdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfd sffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfd dffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddf fddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffd fdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsf fsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddf fddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffd dffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfd fdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffs fddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffd dffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddf fdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfd sffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfd dffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddf fddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffd fdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsf fsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddf fddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffd dffdfdfd

WTF WTF WTF
Yesterday the foundation was 1000 today it 300
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
WTF WTF WTF

Set “decay.scale 0.5” to my server…

In less than 24 hours I lost my Armored foundation and most of the others have 100 hp or less. You guys even test this out before you implemented it??? I went offline LESS THAN 24 HOURS AGO AND ALMOST ALL MY WORK IS GONE!!! No wonder you changed the ladders, just wait a few hours and the building falls apart and the raiders collect the loot. My favorite part of this game is building and there is no reason to build. Armored floors are gone in a matter of hours, also, I have large boxes that disappear, so if my floor does not fall apart, what is on them does.

The decay rate was wrong. Helkus fixed it yesterday, it should be alright now.

If your house has low health now its because its still damaged from the wrong configured decay.

The Decay is getting harder for us that have to sleep and have jobs as I am away for 18 hrs 5 days a week to come back to no house is hard :frowning:

Decay still doesnt work the way mentioned on the devblog.

Hopefully it’ll be fixed before the wipe next week

This is confirmed, Decay is not working as posted by the Devs. I have timed the decay and on stone foundations all with at least 2 doors per foundation the decay is way faster then the stated 12 hours. When I logged on this morning I was at 300/500 on some of my foundations less then 8 hours after logging and opening and closing every door twice before I went to bed last night.

Yeah, the released patch didn’t fixed it at all.

you are taking into account that foundations with more than 1 exposed side decay faster, so corner foundations will decay @ x2 and standalone foundations will decay @ x4.
Only doors with lock on reset the decay delay timer on foundations within a 40m radius of that door.

Or that the server you are on is not up to date. My players are saying it’s about right now.