December 2020 - News - s&box

To make content and game creation as flexible and powerful as possible, we are going to allow creators to make their own custom shaders and expose them in any way they want, may it be a compute shader, a postprocessing effect, a glowing flame for a knight's sword or any other kind of special effects.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://sbox.facepunch.com/news/dec2020
22 Likes

nice

1 Like

Thank you guys for your hard work and for sharing your progress!
I’m enjoying seeing how the game grows, can’t wait to finally get to play with C# and the things other players will create! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

The advancements that S&Box has ALREADY, compared to what we have in Garry’s Mod is insane. I can’t even believe this is happening and that we’ll have our hands on it soon.

7 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Those welds are beautiful.
I’ve seen Howie release a commit, what is he up to?

2 Likes

I’m so excited! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Exciting times indeed.

1 Like

Now, the possibilities really are endless

1 Like

Nice :partying_face:

1 Like

Beautiful news this month, glanced through the videos & they are wonderful. Can’t wait to get back with something to read later.

1 Like

Really looking forward to custom shaders! Also amazed at the level of integration you have, they act like a default feature!

2 Likes

So excited, really good job this month.

1 Like

I am always happy reading these blog posts and I love the transparency you give us by showing us what you’re doing each month, unlike other devs. I am eager to see more about this and I hope it will be in a playable state next year.

3 Likes

i really like it, pls dont work too hard tho ^^

1 Like

Good job, they stopped working on it because of this comment. Hope you’re proud.

1 Like

All of this stuff is looking great, even though we’ve seen most of it before it’s nice to have a summary to show just how fast things have been moving this last month.

1 Like

If they work too hard for too long they get demotivated and thats bad ^^

1 Like