Dedecated server question

Right, another question to puzzle you all with.

I downloaded and hosted a gmod server using hlds and i put all sorts of custom things in like tools and
props and stuff like that it and it all worked great.

But, when it came to custom playermodels i noticed that players using them had bugged animations.

For example i was using the renamon model and i was told i was in the T position when i stood still.

Also i noticed that other custom ones were doing sort of the same thing.

Any ideas on why and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Kinda on a tangent: You got the server to work? Publicly? And other people could join? If so, what ports do you have open? I’ve been trying to do this for the longest time…

ya my srcds wont work i opened ever port i think ive needed done tons of stuff i have found on internet and i cant join my server it says “cannot connect after 4 tries” and if that doesent happen nobody can join…

Well i opened the ports through my router, 27015 is the port you need to open. this website tells you the stuff. http://www.gameconfig.co.uk/ports.aspx?game=half+life+2+steam+server

RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWR. Port 27015 is definately NOT the only port you need to open. You need to also set up an internal static ip. Here are the ports you need to forward:
UDP 1200 (Steam Friends Network)
UDP 27000 to 27015 (Gameport)
UDP 27020
TCP 27000 to 27050
TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Here’s a link to the tutorial on gmod dedicated servers:
http://cosmicthings.com/wpsblogs/gaming/making-a-dedicated-server-for-garrysmod/

Also, if you play on the same server that you host on you need to add this stuff to your gmod advanced launch options:
+hostport 27016 +clientport 27006 +tv_port 27021

@Eggsor That is what you need to do. The advanced launch options thing. If what you’re saying is that when you can connect, noone else can, and when you can’t everyone else can.

Well thats what i opened and it worked fine.
Anyway back to the main question?

Another derailed thread -_-