Dedicated host server, Base ammo Lua Error spam in console

Hi guys/gals,

I help run a server for TTT on Gmod and we keep getting console spam with error messages which state:

** [ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/base_ammo_ttt.lua:85: attempt to call method ‘IsValid’ (a nil value)

  1. unknown - gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/base_ammo_ttt.lua:85

or

[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/entities/entities/base_ammo_ttt.lua:107: attempt to call method ‘PhysWake’ (a nil value)**

There is no changes to any weapons, except one which I changed the Display name of, however these errors appear even on a clean install of the server,

this normally corrects/dissapears at the end of a round but lately at the end of the round, well the round just doesnt end, it gets stuck on 00:00 and wont start a new round with the error meaning we need to force a server restart.

** [ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/ent_replace.lua:178: attempt to call method ‘GetParent’ (a nil value)

  1. FixParentedPreCleanup - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/ent_replace.lua:178
  2. CleanUp - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/init.lua:381
  3. unknown - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/init.lua:466

Timer Failed! [end2prep][@gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/init.lua (line 765)]**

We run on Nitrous Networks, these errors appeared on a fresh installed server, Steam update was run, the command line was done, there are no addons however I have just added the ULX addon, I have tried multiple things and I have checked the Weapon and Base ammo lua codes and they are all the same as the default.

If anyone has any light on this that would be perfect, its causing an annoyance.

Thanks

Blue

Have you tried contacting support from your server provider? It seems like something is wrong on their end :stuck_out_tongue:

The server side support isnt… the greatest to say the least, I will open a ticket with them and see whats up, we have had problems in the past where Addons arent properly linked/synced with the fastDL and some people when joining are missing the addons, yet some are not. It’s very strange.

That was most likely your fault that downloads didn’t work correctly.

I dont understand why then, they all got synced, I had a download.lua file with the relevent workshop addons, it works for most people but we get the odd time where someone complains about errors, but I dont care about that It’s not an issue anymore since i just used a collection.