Dedicated Linux server "class tables" message.

Last night I wanted to reinstall a dedicated server, from scratch. Upon completion I made the server.cfg, replaced the binary files needed (from to have it work properly. All content is downloaded and verified (CS:S, TF, HL2MP, Episode1, L4D, and GMod), but when I try connecting to the server. I get the “Server uses different class tables” message. I checked to see if there were any updates to my client as well, but nothing. I decided to completely reinstall Garry’s Mod here as well, just to be sure. But I still get the class tables error. I tried deleting both and and updating all over again, with no luck.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
Has there been any update to Garry’s Mod 12 the past couple of days that I have yet to get, or something?

Started from scratch, again. I wiped every trace of anything related to Steam and Source from the server.

Steps taken:
Starting in the user home folder, logged in as user ‘source’
~ mkdir servers/sandbox ~ cd servers/sandbox
sandbox$ wget
sandbox$ chmod +x hldsupdatetool.bin
sandbox$ ./hldsupdatetool.bin
sandbox$ ./steam
sandbox$ ./steam
sandbox$ ./steam -command update -game “Counter-Strike Source” -dir .
sandbox$ ./steam -command update -game garrysmod -dir .
sandbox$ cd orangebox/garrysmod/bin/
bin$ unzip (the one containing,,,,
bin$ nano …/cfg/server.cfg (add some basic stuff, hostname, rcon password, sv_lan 0, and the like…)
bin$ cd ~/servers/sandbox/orangebox
orangebox$ ln -s …/css/cstrike/
orangebox$ ./srcds_run -console -game garrysmod +maxplayers 12 +map gm_construct -autoupdate -verify_all -debug

Console output:
VAC secure mode is activated.

The steps above are the very same steps I have done earlier, and there has been no problems connecting and getting any needed files from it, cache or fastdl.
This server is completely vanilla, no extra addons, models or anything has been added. At the same time I was installing this on the Linux box, I removed everything garrysmod-related on my computer as well, just to make sure it’s all fresh on both sides (This wasn’t really necessary but what the heck).

Usually I would have configured fastdl (which is also run from the same server, I got a decent enough connection and my own domain etc), but for the purpose of testing, I skipped it now.

At this point I try connecting to the server.

Result, not surprisingly;
Server uses different class tables.

Only take the from the zip. The rest will be out of date thus causing the class errors.

Tried that now, and it didn’t work. Same error.

I tried putting the in both orangebox/bin and orangebox/garrysmod/bin then start the server…no difference. I also found two different files (filesizes differ, don’t know which is the right one to use) that I tried doing it with. Nothing worked.

had the same issue with mine. Turned out to be a permissions issue. Check to make sure tthey are correct with ls -l