Dedicated Server Issues

Okay, so for some time i have had a dedicated server which ran fine, and have had many people join and such.

So i went off Gmod for roughly 6 weeks (Also leaving the dedicated server off), and when i came back to it yesterday, discovered that i cannot any longer connect to my server, and also to discover that it wasn’t reaching the client server list.

When I try to join, it goes as if it is joining, and displays “connecting to server”, for a fraction of a second, then goes back out of it, as if nothing had happened.

I previously had the “client server” problem before, but it was very temperamental. Occasionally i would start it up, and it wouldn’t appear on the client list, then i would try again later, and it would be fine. I have been trying it on and off for two days now and the same problems occur.

Just to clear up;
Yes, i am 100% sure the correct ports have been forwarded.
Yes, the server is set to sv_lan 0
The server is up to date.
I am running it off of a remote console, on a separate computer (on win 03 server).

If you have any suggestions, please go for it, because any tips would be useful. Thanks in advance.

Update the server?

I also had this on a fully updated previously working server, with no file changes. I’ve yet to work out why.

And the server is fully updated. Forgot to put that.

[editline]05:58PM[/editline]

So it just stopped? or you gave up?

It doesn’t work.

Dayum. You had the exact same problem?

Bump.

To no avail guys. I need help with this shit :frowning:

[editline]07:04PM[/editline]

Ok, i also found out that when i try to join the server, in the console, it shows the error “Invalid steam key size”
I found this http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=697249 and tryed it, but again, to no avail…
apparently the error is associated to this problem.