Dedicated server prevents me from connecting to IT or any other Valve server

Last night, I was playing GMod with my friends and we were having a blast. Then, I had to reset some stuff around my house because all the electricity in the Living Room just died. The electricity came back and my public IP changed. Now, whenever I make the server I cannot connect to it but they can. It also prevents me from joining other servers but I can just fine when it’s not active.

You need to reopen the ports for matchmaking on your router (27000 - 27050)

UDP OR TCP?

Both.

I’ve portforwarded those, both UDP and TCP and it still doesn’t work. :frowning:

Would it help if I sent a picture of all the stuff that my server console says?

He means 27000 to 27050.
Just forward 27015 and 27005.

It’s very weird that it still hasn’t worked. It always comes up with “Connection failed after 4 retries” while the dedicated server is up.

[editline]2nd July 2015[/editline]

It’s very weird that it still hasn’t worked. It always comes up with “Connection failed after 4 retries” while the dedicate server is up.

If you’re the one hosting, try connecting with localhost, 127.0.0.1, or your public IP.

connect localhost doesn’t work and the other 2 still have the same error as Connection failed after 4 retries.

Bump…?

The ports that need forwarded are all 27000 to 27050, the default ports my local dedicated server uses are 27015 and 27005, if they are used, it switches to 27016 and 27006, then 27017 and 27007, and so on. Forward all of these.

I think it may be my router, ever since I messed around with the electricity the stuff that was connected to it, isn’t anymore.

Here’s pictures of my Server Console

Are you connecting using the right IP? There is nothing wrong with the console AFAIK.

I’m connecting to my internal ip. (My IPv4 Address that’s my computer’s)

It isn’t my internet, because I tried it at a friend’s house and the server had the same problem.

You need to connect to your external IP.

It still doesn’t work. ._.

I SOLVED IT!

MY START.BAT WAS

@echo off
cd c:\srcds/orangebox
echo Starting game server.
echo Beginning “Garry’s Mod”
srcds.exe -console +map gm_freespace_13 -game garrysmod +maxplayers 45 +ip (Insert internal ip) -port 27015 -gamemode sandbox
echo “Garry’s Mod” has now started.
echo It is recommended that you start Server Crash Recovery aswell.

WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN:

@echo off
cls
echo Protecting srcds from crashes…
echo If you want to close srcds and this script, close the srcds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
title srcds.com Watchdog
:srcds
echo (%time%) srcds started.
start /wait srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +map gm_freespace_13 +maxplayers 16
echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting.
goto srcds
-port 27015
+host_workshop_collection 284866154 -authkey 18611407F7082BC85B260BEA27B906BD