Dedicated Server specs...

Hey everyone,
I’ve been working on a gamemode for a couple of weeks and planned to create a community about this gamemode:
I will probably be renting a dedicated server but I was wondering what specs should I order for:

• ~20 slots GMod server
  • Small website with PhP and all that stuff.
  • A couple of databases.

If you have any advises let me know and if you know good companies in Europe let me know as well.

Just get a VPS, you should be able to find some good deals with black friday sales starting to happen. Garry’s mod will use a single thread for almost everything, except networking, so you want to focusmore on the processor’s clock rate than the number of cores. You don’t need a ton of RAM either since gmod will almost never use more than 1 gB.

[editline]22nd November 2013[/editline]

You probably don’t even need a VPS though. Most game server providers like elpis and NFO offer cheap webhosting to go along with game servers.

Thanks for that, I think I’ll probably go with NFO as it’s the cheapest and I don’t need anything big at the moment.

NFO is amazing but their web hosting does not support PHP.
As for websites it depends on what you mean by small stuff. If it’s something only viewable within the gamemode than 000webhost.com might be able to do the trick for you, otherwise I recommend the cheapest web server package on 1and1 (unlimited storage + bandwidth, 100 1gb MySQL databases, 100 emails, bunch of other stuff I can’t name off the top of my head)
[editline][/editline]
Oh and 1and1 has multiple locations across the world apparently so that should be nice too if you’re in Europe.

I wouldn’t recommend 1and1, I’ve heard quite a few bad stories about them and their prices really aren’t that great. I know that Lithium Hosting has been a long-standing recommendation from the people over in the web dev section, so I would suggest maybe checking that out. I’ve been with them for almost two years on their $10 per year plan and I don’t have any complaints.

I dunno what you’re talking about. My NFO website has PHP

uhhh yes it does?

Confirmed, I use PHP on my NFO server.