all terrain in the playable area is made by hand, the near surroundings and 3D skybox heightmaps modified to “fit” even tho I know there has to be some more work put into it,
when looking at the screenshot today it feels wee bit off, specially where the playable level meets the 3d mountains, didn’t remember seeing that in game, but I’ll def try and lign up the mountains!
for the buildings, I see them as “huts” rather than building, small shacks - made from wood and metal sheets,
this is what I did:
- blocked a layout (with displace)
- made a ps raw file+added erosion, for the surroundings
- took it into hammer, tried to align it to the playable area
- vertex painted
- compiled, cried when I saw the first version
- re-did step 2-5 like 10 times
will post some more screenshots tomorrow!
Thanks for the feedback!