Defense Cannon

I have decided to try and build my own cannon that rotates 360 degrees and angles up to 180, but I have no idea how to make the cannon angle with constraints. I am new to Garry’s Mod and I am not the most knowledgeable of the tools, so could someone offer me some assistance on how I would do this. I am using a wheel for the rotation, and it’s working fine so far. Also, I know nothing about using Wire, so no Wire instructions please.

Here is a screenshot of what I have so far:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3089/136530f8d7957fdb4c1a509.jpg

It looks like it’s exploding, not firing something.

(User was banned for this post ("Telling a user to kill himself" - mm3guy))

It’s set off by dynamite. The dynamite sets off the thrusters of the just spawned rocket and make it so the rocket ends up exploding at a certain point. I have a bad rocket system though. It’s just an explosive barrel with four thrusters on the bottom. I use the Advanced Prop Spawner by Mr. Accident to reload the cannon.

This is horrible.

I remember the good ol’ days when we didn’t get shit like this. There should be some sort of quality control in this sub forum. ie: if your contraption is shit, it gets deleted.

Um, I mentioned that I am new at this. I’m wishing to improve upon it and I am asking for advice. I didn’t what forum would be best for the thread…

You’re in the right forum, but for fucks sake look at some of the other threads first. Your cannon is absolute shit compared to everything else. Look at the quality and effort that everyone has put into their stuff, and look at yours.

(User was permabanned for this post ("Doesn't understand how to follow the rules." - Benji))

You’re not being constructive at all…

Hes just a dick. You really are headed in the right direction, and doing very well for being new to gmod. the wheels will work fine, but you will notice they tend to be…not very precise, after a while. I don’t suggest using dynamite to fire it, just use a thruster that is set to a toggle button. This allows you to use explosive projectiles rather than basically flinging slugs down range. and as a side note, Do take a look at some of the things posted here. You might get some ideas for how to make your things look good and still be functional.

I was considering the thrusters, but it doesn’t make the explosive barrels actually explode. I am using the Half-Life 2 explosive barrels. Is there a better barrel to use? Also, with the prop spawner, it would take two button presses to reload and fire the cannon, decreasing maximum firing speed. I like being able to just press a button once and reload and immediately fire. Is there a way I could do this with toggled thrusters?

For a good missile, try attaching a wood board behind the rocket, and the thrusters on the board. Ancient old wooden wars missile technique.

I hope you’re joking, stuff like this way back in the older versions of gmod was usually marked as mediocre but not bad.

I detect a troll for you cannot prop spawn a barrel with thrusters.

I mentioned that I am using a STOOL. It’s called Advanced Prop Spawner.

I remember the good old days when shit like this was OK, and everyones expectations weren’t so damn high.

Edit:
Ninja’d by Waff. gg

yeah.

Whoh i need dupe.

So. No help regarding how I would start to be able to adjust the angle the cannon is pointing?

Wiremod.

Other than Wiremod? I don’t know how to use it, at all. I’m learning, but I want to see if I can do this with stock Gmod constraints.

dont mind people bugging ya for early creations, look at my thread, its got them too. DevonV2 said my stuff wasn’t the best too, he was way more harsh on you though. :slight_smile:

Anyway, its a good start for a new comer. My first contraption was a catapult and it failed horribly, so if someone makes you think you fail, just remember Waffle did worse! lol, if ya need help, feel free to contact me. I could help you firgure out some basic stuff in wire-mod too if you want.