Deleting a players entities when they leave the server

So right now im setting up an inventory system, I have 80% of it done but im stuck here, when a player leaves the server, i want the server to remove all of their entities, right now I have this

function CreateItem( ply, name, pos ) -- This function spawns the item, Works 100%
	local itemT = getItems( name )
	if itemT then
		idd = idd + 1
		local item = ents.Create( itemT.ent )
		item:SetNWString( "name", itemT.name )
		item:SetNWString( "itemName", name )
		item:SetNWInt( "uID", idd )
		item:SetNWBool( "pickup", true )
		item:SetPos( pos )
		item:SetNWEntity( "owner", ply ) -- THIS IS WHAT I THINK I HAVE TO TARGET TO REMOVE ALL THE ENTITIES
		item:SetNWBool( "abandon", false )
		item:SetSkin(itemT.skin or 0)
		itemT.spawn(ply, item)

item:Spawn()
		item:Activate()
	else
		return flase
	end
end

function ply:databaseDisconnect( ply ) --This is called when a player leaves, works
	if self:GetNWInt("itemsout") > 0 then
                -- RIGHT HERE IS WHERE THE FUNCTION TO REMOVE ALL THE PLAYERS ENTITIES WOULD BE--
		self:databaseSetValue("itemsout", 0)	
	end
	self:computeWeight()
	self:databaseSave()
	print("distest")

end

I think I would have to use a while loop or for loop but I dont know how i would do it, heres how I think about it without code
gather all the entities, if the entity owner is ply, then, ent:remove

[lua]for k, v in ipairs(ents.FindByClass(“your entity class here”)) do
if (v:GetNWEntity(“owner”) == ply) then
v:Remove()
end
end[/lua]
But I think it’s better you just keep track of every item of theirs in a table and loop through that. Much faster and easier to do it that way. Just a simple table attached to the player, and you table.insert the item in the CreateItem function.

If I were to put them in a table, how would I loop through that?

[lua]
ply.items = ply.items or {}
– Create the item and such
table.insert(ply.items, item)

– Then, when they disconnect
for k, v in ipairs(ply.items) do
if IsValid(v) then
v:Remove()
end
end[/lua]
You should use a more unique name for the items table. That’s just an example. You should also remove the item from the table when it’s removed by other means.

Thanks for your help, I definetly know im getting somewhere lol but now I get this error

attempt to index a string value with bad key ('IsValid' is not part of the string library)

[editline]15th October 2016[/editline]

So I solved it, my issue was, I was storing the name of the entity and not the entity itself, its all done, thanks!