Dell Inspiron any good for gmod?

Hello everyone,
I am getting a new computer soon, and although I do not have any experience with it, I was thinking about making a machinima using garry’s mod. However, I do not know which computers would be good for this. I asked around and my friend suggested a ‘dell inspiron 546’ with an ‘hd 4850’ video card. Here are the specs for the dell inspiron:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

AMD Athlon™ II X2 215 Dual-Core Processor

4GB installed memory

640GB hard drive

DVD+/-RW with double layer write capability

Includes Dell ST2010 20" Widescreen Digital Flat Panel Monitor

10/100 Ethernet

Integrated 5.1 Channel Audio / Dell AX210 speakers

19-in-1 Media card Reader

Integrated ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics

Includes Dell keyboard and mouse

Is my friend correct, or is he an idiot? If you guys disagree with what he suggested, what would you recommend to someone who has about an $750 budget? Remember, I’m not gonna just be playing gmod, I’m also using it to record gameplay to make films. Also, just wondering if the ‘hd 4850’ is compatible with the dell inspiron. Thanks in advance!

It’s not a bad spec, it’s only really lacking in the graphics area. Processor might be a bit low, but I don’t tend to keep up to date with AMD’s lineup.

[editline]06:51PM[/editline]

If you chuck a Radeon HD 4850 in there, it’ll fly.

[editline]06:54PM[/editline]

There’s no option on the Dell site for an additional graphics card, so I don’t know if you’ll be able to have one. I expect you would, but you never know with manufacturers like Dell.

Alright, I’ll take a look to see if installing an additional card is possiblel. Like you said, I’d imagine I would be able to, but better safe than sorry. Thanks for the help though!