different types of arrows

Fire arrow would be better

i don’t think you need to nerf the metal arrow’s damage. have scaled damage, wooden arrow weakest, stone arrows a little stronger, metal arrow dealing the most, and balance the resource costs accordingly.

could be possible but dont matter how do you look the metal arrow will still be OP
so how about the metal arrow still be nerfed but has 90% of chance to give bleeding in the enemy?

I think a 90% chance is too high to cause bleeding, if anything I think it should be more like 30% tops.

A 90% chance would almost always cause bleeding, which is just a little OP, imo, but it’s hard to judge until it’s seen in practice.

I think we have to look at the whole arrowhead topic more realistically, if you want to prevent one type being too “OP.”

There are lots more to consider than just overall damage.

Consider the materials, and their properties
piercing shots
extended damage due to fracturing inside the wound
durability: obsidian would cut like a hot knife through butter to open flesh/cloth, but may fracture against the kevlar armor
range
retrievability

There can be so much more to it than just a simple hierarchy of Wood < Stone < Metal

Edit: Honestly, if a lot of time was spent developing the more primitive weapons like the Bow, and adding more, like spears, chains, maces, etc. There could be more than enough weapon dynamic to keep the game extremely entertaining without military grade weapons. I’m not advocating against M4s and P250s, just sayin’. :slight_smile:

So definitely a yes to different types of arrowheads.

Wooden arrowheads seem pretty rare and not at all good for larger game (including people) I suppose you could in a pinch but it’s unlikely to be very effective.

Stone arrowheads seem to dominate virtually any archaeological environment that had access to stone, so I think this would be an obvious step up.

Finally, any society of a certain level of development necessarily switches from stone arrowheads to metal ones. There’s nothing “OP” about them clearly being superior, they’re also more expensive. Large worked arrowheads of stone and metal should all cause serious bleeding, that’s a pretty traumatic and messy wound you’re receiving.

Dip your arrows in dead animal bodies

Blood arrows - poison - force people to barf everywhere. Possibility of forced starvation death due to fast hunger loss. XD

lol, that would actually be pretty funny:)

Just quoting my response from other topic :slight_smile:

I liked of the ideas and concepts for the arrows that you guys said, but its hard to implement new types of arrows if everyone will just change their bows for military weapons
so I dont really know how to make a person who use a bow be able to fight against someone who is using a fire weapon

so what do you guys think?

Well some of us will use bows anyway just for enjoyment reasons. Additionally, if you consider that maybe the handcannon will be the easiest firearm to develop, you’re still helpless at range. There’s also a noise component.

bow deals higher dmg than single bullet. if it weren’t for that stupid bow switching bug, i’d snipe a shot with an arrow first before switching to a handgun to finish off.

I just got an idea to implement the idea from GalegO.
it would be nice if you could combine some of your arrows with the low grade fuel and maybe cloth to make arrows ready to be burn with your torch.

Hopefully there will be a system for lighting houses on fire, but then again, the amount of griefing would be tremendous. but still, theres nothing more fun, than making a tribe of nakeds, and have wars with other naked tribes, with bows and stuff.

Maybe we could craft a quiver that would make using the bow faster; now using a bow against someone with a pistol is almost impossible because he can unload his whole clip before you even have one arrow ready…

I think a ‘skill up’ system should be the answer to this.

You start with a slow draw and shaky aim, the more you use it the higher your skill, the quicker your draw and the better your hit chance.

This system should not be restricted to the bow and arrow.

Why should a bow be equal to a pistol?

The bow is mainly for the surprise element otherwise it’s too slow to go head on with a pistol.

Okay basically a fire arrow won’t work,I’ve seen people try and it’s essentially impossible(although they aren’t striving for realism so maybe this could be interesting) and metal arrow should be the most powerful and expensive,and the 90% bleed chance should stay that way or at very least be 70% with full Kevlar because that’s what arrows do,if they pierce you your going to bleed. So maybe all arrows ignor armor to an extent, and maybe degrade armor faster and cause less damage to the actual player?

fire arrows are quite possible IRL, but i’m not sure i understand your statement about them. that said, in game terms it’s probably redundant unless they introduce dynamic fire:)

even 70% bleed chance is huge, no other weopon causes bleed, instead it’s damage related. if practically every arrow made you bleed, the bow would have to be nerfed even further to balance it out or risk breaking armour, bandages and medkits. beside which, if a player is wearing some heavy armour such as kevlar, shouldn’t the chance of inflicting sufficient damage to cause bleeding be reduced? i guess what i would suggest is a 25% chance to cause bleeding, fire rate as currently and scaled damage according to the arrow type. or bleed chance based/reduced according to the armour it is against.