Disabling 'Click to Respawn'?

Is it possible to disable the click to respawn thing Gmod has? I have made a function that handles respawning and giving the players the weapons they need depending on their role. But if a player clicks with the mouse to respawn before the timer is up, it results in double-spawning and first getting your weapons on the second spawn, and also causing wierd errors with the HUD. Here is the function in case anyone can use that:

function playerRespawning( victim, weapon, killer )
	if victim:Team() == 2 then
		if IsValid( jail ) then
			timer.Simple(4, function() victim:Spawn() victim:Give("cr_hands") end)
			timer.Simple(0.1, function() victim:SetJailed() end)
		else
			timer.Simple(4, function() victim:Spawn() victim:Give("cr_hands") victim:Give("weapon_crowbar") end)
		end
	elseif victim:Team() == 4 then
		if IsValid( jail ) then
			timer.Simple(4, function() victim:Spawn() victim:Give("cr_hands") end)
		else
			timer.Simple(4, function() victim:Spawn() victim:Give("cr_hands") victim:Give("weapon_crowbar")
			umsg.Start("hassmokespawn")
				umsg.Bool(false)
			umsg.End() end)
		end
	elseif victim:Team() == 3 then
		timer.Simple(4, function() victim:Spawn() end)
	elseif victim:Team() == 1 or victim:Team() == 5 then
		timer.Simple(4, function() victim:Spawn() end)
	end
end
hook.Add("PlayerDeath", "Respawning", playerRespawning)

What gamemode is this for?

My own gamemode. It is a gamemode based on the variation of Tag called “Cops and Robbers” (or at least here in my country), where a few taggers are selected, and if they tag a runner (hit them with a stuntick), the runners are teleported to a jail, at which the other free runners can hit them with a crowbar to free them again.

Override the PlayerDeathThink hook. In the base gamemode, the player is respawned if they’re clicking or jumping.
Original