Disabling Server Redirect Prompt

I have been trying to play on the Gmod Tower Reunion server, but every time it attempts to redirect me to another server for one of the game worlds, I get a pop-up asking if it is okay to redirect me to this another server. After clicking yes, nothing happens. I suspect this popup is interfering with how GMT’s server redirect works, so I’m curious if there’s a way to disable this popup and auto-accept server redirects?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can’t disable that prompt, nor would they want it to be toggle-able. It definitely should do SOMETHING though. All it’s running is the connect command on the client.

You’ll want to tell the GMT:R people about it

1 Like

After doing some poking around in the dev console, I noticed after clicking “yes” on the redirect pop-up it was printing the help text for the “connect” command in the console, as though no ip was included with the connect command, despite the pop-up showing the full command with ip included. Typing this full command manually into the console worked as expected, connecting me to the desired server.

This leads me to believe that it might be an issue on Gmod’s end as opposed to the gamemode. However, as I don’t know of any other servers that redirect you to other ones, I can’t test this to be sure.

1 Like

You might want to inform Rubat about Gmod’s Discord or create a issue here: https://github.com/Facepunch/garrysmod-issues/

1 Like