" Disconnect: This Steam account is being used in another location"

I’ve had the error before, when using multiple computers, simple just re-login etc etc.

But this time, it’s different.

OK, well it was just GMod, now I can’t connect in any source game multiplayer. What the fuck.

Specs
MacBook Pro with bootcamp running Windows 7
NVidia 9400M
2.something dual core
2GB DDR 3 RAM, all other source games work fine, ep2, ep1, hl2, tf2, css, dods

Any help would be much appreciated!

You are running windows on a mac? :v:

Yes, via Bootcamp tho, so it’s just windows on mac hardware, although it’s mostly intel/nvidia and apple-brand RAM/build quality.

Change your password and see if it happens again.

I get this too.

this happened to me and I was using windows vista on my dell computer. I just restarted my pc and then if that didn’t work change my user back to the one I was using when I changed it back to the one I was using… umm… or open the task manager and if you can find “steam.exe” in it, end the process it will probably make you update. (it makes me) but normally you can make it work that way. (you may also have to put your password in again as well.

This happened to me when my bro was playing the ship on my steam on his laptop.

so are you attempting lan party’s? or is it that windows 7 doesn’t work with gmod?

[editline]10:32AM[/editline]

This happened to me when my bro was playing the ship on my steam on his laptop.

so are you attempting lan party’s? or is it that windows 7 doesn’t work with gmod?

Works fine.

Delete everything in your steam folder except steam.exe and the steamapps folder to fix this.

I had this error just then, doing this seems to of fixed it :slight_smile: