Dismantle Ammunition

I think it would be great if you could dismantle Ammunition and break it down into it’s ingredients. Ammunition got much more expensive than in the beginning, and having the opportunity to convert one ammunition type into another would help. Dismantling would come at cost - 10 % of the original resources get lost, as well as your time (consumes time like crafting).

If this works, why not being able to dismantle other items too? It would fit into the survival aspect of the game, and wouldn’t harm the games balance.

Military weapons are being largely removed/made quite rare in the future, and the replacement weapons will be much more makeshift. Presumably, ammo will be having the same treatment.

Not that this means your idea is terrible or anything, but it’s something to keep in mind.

Thanks for that info, but I don’t see how my idea does not fit to what you are saying. If ammunition is even more rare, it would probably be even greater to have the opportunity to convert the 100 looted 9 mm bullets I found to 40 pieces of 5.56 bullets, or use it to craft a C4 or whatever.

I still think the ability to break things down in their ingredients would be a neat idea, and the more I think about it I guess it would be nice to be able to do that in general not just with ammunition.

There may not even be 9mm and 5.56 ammo at all, in the future. Not quite as easy to convert elements of a shotgun shell into an arrow.

Desynthing is an interesting idea, but it also changes the entire crafting system’s dynamics, so it’s not something to take lightly.

That’s true, but as this is Alpha I guess the developer need some brainstormed ideas :slight_smile: If they fit in, they should use them, if they have other plans, that’s also just fine.

Oh, and wait until you need metal for those arrowheads, you would love to dismantle a shell to get out some metal :wink: