I have created a huge level with a normal 2D skybox.
I have put a large square brush on the floor which covers the entire map.
I would like to displace the brush in the middle and have water there (some “sea”)
It is impossible. Whenever I compile the map (I’ve disabled vvis for now since it takes just under 3 and a half years to compile due to the map size otherwise) - the player falls through where the displacement was meant to appear (it’s just not there) and dies by hitting the bottom of the skybox.
I have tried removing the water. Makes no difference… It seems to be the floor itself.
- The displacement is not trying to seal the map, I have 16 unit walls around the whole thing, none of which are displaced
- The face of the displacement is a perfect square, the size of the inside of the walls.
- I have no leaks
- There are no compile errors
- I am using the Half-Life 2: Episode 2 Orange Box default config
- I am using normal textures from HL2 (sand, water, skybox)
- I am using Windows Server 2003
… what am I doing wrong?