DListView and DPropertySheet custom colors?

Hello everyone. I just had a few questions relating to customizing the colors for the two derma elements listed in the title. This is what I have so far (works somewhat for DListView, no idea how to do it with DPropertySheet)

local DermaListView = vgui.Create("DListView")
DermaListView:SetParent(Frame)
DermaListView:SetPos(25, 50)
DermaListView:SetSize(450, 500)
DermaListView:SetMultiSelect(false)
DermaListView.Paint = function()
    surface.SetDrawColor( 200, 200, 200, 255 )
    surface.DrawRect( 0, 0, DermaListView:GetWide(), DermaListView:GetTall() )
    surface.SetDrawColor( 255, 255, 255, 255 )
    surface.DrawOutlinedRect( 0, 0, DermaListView:GetWide(), DermaListView:GetTall() )
end
DermaListView:AddColumn("Name") -- Add column
DermaListView:AddColumn("Amount of kills")

for k,v in pairs(player.GetAll()) do
    DermaListView:AddLine(v:Nick(),v:Frags()) -- Add lines
end

Here is what it looks like on a panel

Excuse the crappy white border, but you get the idea. I basically want to make a list view thing with a custom background, and remove or recolor the top two boxes that have “Name” and “Amount of kills” written in them. I need this not only for a menu I am working on, but to also replace DComboBox.

For DPropertySheet, I tried a similar thing, and this is what happened.

I never have been able to figure out how to color those damn tabs… :I

So facepunch, am I going about this the wrong way? Is what I am trying to do impossible? Help would be appreciated!

(Also, excuse me if this post sounds a little odd, been awake for over 36 hours)

Take a look into the skin file.

I thought about trying something like that out. If I make some sort of a custom skin, and use it in the gui, will that set the skin for everything else?

EDIT:
Part of the reason I want to edit these two items’ colors is because A. I want a newer look to them in my particular application, and B. I want to try and make Garry’s solution for the removal of DComboBox (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1khSuIYrAMkqXu7wlH5YRJNwz6hOH6Xqi5lqBhE3x6gA/edit?pli=1)
I hope that makes sense.

Bump. There must be some way to recolor individual Derma items…
I really would prefer not to make custom vgui elements, but it looks like that is what it is going to come to…

You can just create your own skin and apply it for certain derma elements only.

I know you lot hate hand-holding, but how is this done?

Panel:SetSkin?

I’ve been browsing the wiki for awhile now, and never came across that. That makes sense, thanks. I’ll go play around with that function.