Does anyone know how to change the font of the main menu?

I am currently working on a modern revamp of the Garry’s Mod menus. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Moved to the developer section. Please make sure anything related to coding/scripting goes in this subforum.

Should be in garrysmod/html/css/menu/Menu.css

Correct me if I’m wrong

Here:
garrysmod/html/css/menu/Menu.css Line 5

Off-Topic
My god why does your Main Menu look so clean and mine looks retarded since an update of a few months ago, everything is literally unreadable.

https://i.imgur.com/gzvvGZ5.jpg[/t]

[t]https://i.imgur.com/cQo09Nq.png

Could be anything, but if you want to clean up gmod like you would cleanly reinstall windows, there’s \steamapps\common\GarrysMod\FactoryReset-GMod.bat that will do that for you.

Fair warning though, it may/will remove a fair bit of your data, so you better back up anything you care about. The batch gives you a warning about this before doing its magic. I also recommend you read the script before running it, just to get a feel for what it does. The most important thing it does, which is nearly impossible to do yourself, is to reset your settings - they are normally saved in the steam cloud, and the bat cleans up the cloud stuff.

I don’t really know how to navigate the Menu.css file, this is what I changed and it did not work. Can you please help me out? Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure if that is valid CSS, but this might work:

font-family: "Roboto", sans-serif;

Maybe even this:

font-family: "Roboto-Regular", sans-serif;

There’s lots of Roboto variations:

Roboto-Black
Roboto-BlackItalic
Roboto-Bold
Roboto-BoldCondensed
Roboto-BoldCondensedItalic
Roboto-BoldItalic
Roboto-Condensed
Roboto-CondensedItalic
Roboto-Italic
Roboto-Light
Roboto-LightItalic
Roboto-Medium
Roboto-MediumItalic
Roboto-Regular
Roboto-Thin
Roboto-ThinItalic

Sorry for being ungrateful, but the font didn’t change. Would you know how to remove the shadows of the font though? Thanks.

Don’t worry, I don’t know what I’m talking about. There’s a few lines with ‘text-shadow’ that you could try removing I guess:

If nothing changes, maybe even try removing the whole file. All I can guess is that the file might be a different one.

Thanks, I’ll go try it.

If they have a lot of Roboto’s it’d be font-weight: {num};

such as:

.class{
    font-family: "Roboto", sans-serif;
    font-weight: 400; /* 400 is normal */
}

goes from

light to bold

Thanks for the help, but it didn’t work. I still do appreciate it though.

Didn’t know that a reset bat file existed, thanks for the tip. Seeing as I have quite some scripts of my own and customizations and such I will have to thoroughly check my files and back them up though.

(Sorry for hijacking your thread meekster, let’s go back to your topic)

Is it not changing fonts or is the font weight (aka bolder or lighter) not changing?

It is not changing fonts or weight.

Read Lunaversity’s question again

You should start from branch, with the lua-menu of Rubat maybe.

I tried that but the menu looses functionality because it is for an earlier version of Garry’s Mod.

It works just fine with latest version of the game.