Does GMod seem really laggy lately?

My friend and I have been having fps issues in gmod and it really isn’t making any sense. Is anyone else having this issues also, or is are game just broken.

Here are his specs:

RAM:  8gb DDR3
CPU: i7 3.4 ghz
GPU: 2 650's sli
HD:  1tb sata 5400
Average FPS: 45

My stuff isn’t as good as his but here are mine:

RAM: 8gb DDR3
CPU: Phenom II x4 3.2 ghz  // *Upgrading to FX-8320*
GPU: R9 270
HD:  1tb sata 5400
SSD: 120 GB corsair
Average FPS: 30-40

We are both playing on all low. It literally does not make any sense.

multi core is broken so that might be your issue

Define “lately”, and yeah, ever since multi-core support was dropped performance has fallen. It’s also poorly created addons/maps that play a part in this too.

This is how GMod is nowadays. Your FPS seems fine for your setup. All medium to high-end systems pretty much share the same FPS.

What you & your friend could do is;

1. Disable Hyper-Threading in BIOS. Not sure if AMD has a similar option, but should have.
  2. Overclock the CPU. Just make sure you know what you’re doing and that you have good cooling.

See I thought that had already been fixed and it was another issue. I read about it back last year, so I just assumed to much I guess.

I know about overclocking and stuff, but I do not like to do that. Personally I feel it is about time to upgrade my cpu anyways and plus the fx-8320 has a higher clock speed and 4.0 ghz turbo. Thank you for the advice though.

Does anyone know when multi-core rendering will be fixed or if it ever will be?

Don’t upgrade it, yours is perfectly fine. Quad-core 3.4 Ghz. You don’t need more. Either way you won’t notice any difference garry’s mod. The CPU you have got 4Ghz turbo aswell…

Your PC is pretty good imo, and for gods sake don’t waste your money on a new CPU while you have one that’s more than you need.

How is that even possible? I have a four year old i7-860 at 2.8 GHz, 4 GB of RAM and a 560Ti at 1080p on the highest possible settings, and I rarely dip under 100 FPS, while having an average of about 200.

What on Earth are you doing?

EDIT: I should probably add that I have vertical synchronization disabled.

Actually the cpu I ahve is the phenom II x4 840 3.2 ghz.

It doens’t have turbo the i7 is my friends. There are actually a lot of reasons for me upgrading though. I have been looking at benchmarks for stuff and plus I do a lot of 3d rendering on my system. WOOT 4 hours to render 1 min on the highest settings. :v: