Doom 3 MD5* to Source, I might have found a way?

The following is an ad-hoc record of my attempts to import Doom 3’s MD5mesh and MD5anim files and export them to Source for Source Film Maker. Unfortunately the DooM 3 Model Pack: BFG Edition does not work with SFM which means I might as well try.

Being a complete newbie to modeling this should be fun! By fun I mean insane. All of this is possible because I had found a 3DS Max import script for the MD5 files.

Possible course of action
3DS MAX md5importer --> Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2013 --> Wallworm --> Source Filmmaker

Am I doing things the hard way?

What’s your Steam?

http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads Opens both MD5mesh and anim files, then you can export to whatever file format you desire

NotSpeedyGonzales (too long for a username on facepunch)

I am following the law of minimums, only TF2 and Source Filmmaker are installed.

Noesis only creates .mdl file for the earlier Quake games, unless SFM uses those. I have been trying to find a workaround.

Noesis (MD5* to .smd) --> Cannonfolder’s SudioCompiler (.smd to .mdl)
I do not grasp how to create the required .qt file, or even if it is necessary.

I assume the following is correct:
Steam Game directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SourceFilmmaker
SDK tools Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin

Could I create a model as a .dmx file? I assume that I will need to do this to convert the .md5ani files?
Noesis (MD5* to .smd) --> Maya (.smd to .dmx)