Doors idea

Would it be possible to give a door the option to be opened by other players. aka trusted users.

1. Click on door w/ some kind of tool/key
  2. add/remove trusted player ID Menu
  3. Type in player ID and now this player can use door.

*optional- a msg to say who owns the door above the “open” text

No, it’s alot of scripting work. Probably.

pretty nice idea! :slight_smile:

Yeah they need to add some kind of system to allow others to open your door. But only as a friend you can open it.

you can always jump over the door/ or break it

hmmm im not “INGAME” but ( if it not ingame ) it would be a nice feature to doors.

els some kind of keybar system with a code you can give to ally´s ( just like the ones on the ATM Machines )

A lot of people were talking about this on different threads I don’t think you need to make another

And yet you vote my reply dumb? Wow.

It will happen in some form at some point in time. Again, the game is in a really early, broken state right now so don’t expect much.

basically like Darkrp if you use that system

Let them finish the basic game, then post this. The details are for later.

well your post was dumb. no decent dev will refuse to do something like this purely because it’s “too much scripting work” (it isn’t).

To much scripting XD - whuuut ( ever played DayZ Origins mod - if yes you maby know the keypad on houses its an easy ( 5 lines basic script - That maked the first version of the keypad )

---- yes i know its another engine but still - the programming language not the hardest to understand ( c+ / .NET / aso. or what why doing it in )

[editline]2nd July 2013[/editline]

To much scripting XD - whuuut ( ever played DayZ Origins mod - if yes you maby know the keypad on houses its an easy ( 5 lines basic script - That maked the first version of the keypad )

---- yes i know its another engine but still - the programming language not the hardest to understand ( c+ / .NET / aso. or what why doing it in )

but yet i see what you saying if - the engine / tweaking of the game is not that finish at this point

I have suggested something similar earlier.

• Add keys to the game.
  • Player can craft normal door or door with a key lock.
  • Player can have multiple keys for same door to give to friends.
  • If player is killed then he looses the key and other player can get in his house.
  • Keys can be crafted for storage boxes for similar purposes.

Depending on how game is coded, it should be fairly easy to implement this.

That’s even better! :smiley: sounds harder tho…:frowning:

+1 - for the hardcore way :stuck_out_tongue:

I can see why it might seem harder, however here are my justifications.

• A key can be just another item like a gun, ammo, or bandage. However it will have additional property to specify which door it can open.
  • There is already a code to check who can and can’t open doors. Changing it to check for key item instead of player should be straight forward.

Just my opinion based on what I might or might not know about the game code as it is right now.

compared to this I would have to say they should start w/ my idea as a placeholder, and then once the game is more developed and polished they could implement a type of system similar to this.

now an edit/addition to your idea would be an item like a lockpick that would take less time than breaking down the door