Downloading my files? What?

I been having trouble with my files when i download Models And stuff. Can u help me out? Reply if u know awnser? IM FUSTRATED!!! Some one can help me out ploxxerz?

New file: Oh alright well… I open the Garrysmod.org, i sign in and search under WIRE MOD I find one and click on it, I hit download, And then theres files. Im not sure what i do next,Do i copy it whosdr? This enough info? They say to go to ur garrys mod file? I dont have one.

If you were to tell us more about the problem, we may be able to find a cause and solution, thus helping you to fix it.

I tryed to?!? but yeah… Oh alright well… I open the Garrysmod.org, i sign in and search under WIRE MOD I find one and click on it, I hit download, And then theres files. Im not sure what i do next,Do i copy it whosdr? This enough info? They say to go to ur garrys mod file? I dont have one

[editline]08:39PM[/editline]

OMg? REPLY PLZ!

Move it to addons?

I dont know where my addon folder is? LOl is it a folder?

what

The Wire Mod on Garrysmod.org is old. I’m hoping Divran will pop in. I left the tut link on my desktop. Not used to facepunching at 00:33.

:eng99: :sigh:

Yes…yes it is. I’d tell you that you shouldn’t get the Gmod.org version, but then I’d have to explain SVN to you.

follow this simple tutorial

1 - Open “My Computer”

2 - In “My Computer” find and open “Local Disk (C:)”

3 - In “Local Disk (C:)” find and open “Program files (x86)” if there is no “Program files (x86)” then open “Program files”

4 - In the folder you opened, find and open “Steam”

5 - In “Steam” find and open “Steamapps”

6 - In “Steamapps” there should be a folder that is the same name as your steam username. Find and open it

7 - In the folder you opened, find and open “Garrysmod”

8 - In “Garrysmod” find and open “Garrysmod” (Yes I know, theres 2 garrysmod folder, it DOES matter which you put the files in)

9 - drop all the files/folders you downloaded into the second “Garrysmod” folder (the one currently open)

If you still have questions, please tell me and I will stuff your brain into a blendtech blender. Seriously, I will. I will videotape it and put it up all across the internet. Don’t worry, I’ll let you watch it first.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I’ll prolly get banned for this but oh well. At least I helped him which is more then any of you guys can say!

You forgot to mention that if the folder he downloaded has got a info.txt, the whole folder belongs into the […]/addons folder.
But nice tutorial

http://a.imageshack.us/img51/7793/notn.gif

if it belongs in addons, it is a folder called addons. you drog that into the second garrysmod folder and Im gonna go get my blendtech and video camera now…

There’s this magical program called “TortoiseSVN” which you should really use. Also, before coming and asking on forums, use your common sense and try out obvious options.

umm obvious options to most people is coming onto forums and asking for help

I accidently changed the properties of my downloads, what do the files need to be opened with?

winrar or 7zip