Downloading too many things causes my Gmod to crash

If i join a server with too many downloads it will crash, same thing with workshop; If i download too many things from workshop my game will crash. Please help!

Only if you “download too many things?” You’re not providing enough information.

This is most likely a hardware issue

It is usually on DarkRP server. I tried to join a DarkRP server and it backs out to Windows and says "Engine Error Out of memory with hl2 icon. Funny thing is a can download stuff mostly on non-darkrp servers.

Mine instantly closes, sometimes, whenever I’m spam-subscribing things in the Workshop. Possibly related but not much of an issue.

You should post your dump files, which’re located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod
(Typically)

Also, post your hardware specs.

Intel® Core™2 CPU
X6800 @ 2.93GHz
3.37 GHz, 2.62 GB of RAM
Disk drive : WDC WD20EZRX-00DC0B0
Display adapters : ATI Radeon HD 3870
and what do you mean by “post your dump files”? How do i do that? Sorry, not good at this stuff…

Also, i think it’s ONLY on DarkRP servers that i can’t join

2 - 3 gigabytes of memory is on the lower side of what you’ll need with GMod now. This is also the case for my other computer, with the same amount of memory. It plays GMod fine, 60 fps, but occasionally runs out of memory and crashes. Keep in mind, it’s a fresh Windows 7 install with nothing other than steam running in the background, so you may need to buy more memory.

I moved my Garry’s Mod to Drive D with 732 GB of Free space, still happens, do i need to buy more memory

Memory as in RAM, not hard drive space…

Ok… :suicide: