Dr. Robotnik, Scratch, and Grounder models (from the 90s cartoon The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog)

From a Doctor’s Perspective:
Based on critical analysis, research, and diagnostic observation, it seems that the Gmod community has been experiencing a decline in health in relation to the absence of any Dr. Ivo Robotnik, Scratch, and Grounder models. Symptoms of this phenomenom are vast and numerous (one of which, for example, includes occasional complaining fits). My recommended treatment for this illness of pandemic proportions is the creation of these models by a/some noble patron(s). Once treatment is applied, a full recovery prognosis is to be expected out of those afflicted.

Before Getting Down to Business:
Before I elaborate on my reasoning for why these models should be created, I fully understand that these guys would have to be completely customized from head to toe. Therefore my expectations are that this suggestion will probably not get picked up for some time (due to perhaps others’ lack of time or appeal towards the grueling work - which is completely understandable). But, for anyone in the future who wishes to work on something identical to what is being asked here, this request will be waiting around for whomever. Another thing I would like to add is that there IS indeed a “90s” Dr. Robotnik model that has already been released on Garrysmod.com. However, it is not in the form of a ragdoll, which renders it only useful for statue/monument purposes. Visit the following link to see what I mean: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=98986

Reasoning Regarding Why These Models Should Exist:
As the name of the thread implies, I believe creating models based on the main antagonists from the 90’s cartoon The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog would be a real treat for almost anyone (especially for those that prefer the old Sonic show over the new ones). Along with giving off some form of nostalgia, the models of “90s” Dr. Robotnik, Scratch, and Grounder would obviously come in handy for a multitude of applications, of course (including making YTPs, but that is not the main reason why I’m requesting for the creation of these models). To put it this way: If we already have nonsense player/ragdoll models like Homer Simpson, Mr. Burns, and Garfield, why not introduce more “joke” characters like Ivo Robotnik and his two colhorts into Gmod?

Important Features that Should/Could be Incorporated into the Models:

• Decent rigging and the whatnot
  • Face posing (for all models)
  • Finger posing (for Dr. Robotnik and perhaps Scratch)
  • Toe posing (for Dr. Robotnic and maybe Scratch)
  • Eye posing (for all models)

P.S.:
Dr. Robotnik is in desperate need of giving himself a promotion.

I like the thoroughness of your request, and also agree that a poseable ragdoll version of Dr. Ivo Robotnik would be a welcome addition to Garry’s Mod.

I support this request.

Ah very good! On a side note, I do hope my writing isn’t too much of a pain to read (as far as lengthiness goes). I usually go into great depth with whatever I may discuss about XP.

Oh no, not at all! It actually is quite easy to read. It even seems quite professional. It would be quite a shame if no one took up your request.

And that appears to be evident! It’s quite pleasant on the eyes seeing a request such as yours.

Thank you very kindly for the compliments! In this case, I will definitely keep it up (as common-sense would dictate me to, anyway).

-snip-

It’s nice to see that there is someone who adds detail to their request.

You have my support. I think you deserve a promotion!

Okay y’all, this will probably the one and only “Promotion” response from me - I don’t want this thread suddenly turning into a PROMOTION! war of epicly stupid proportions.

Here is something at least. It was actually the very first thing I made for Gmod, so yeah, it is not very good. It is just a prop. I have been meaning to fix it up and make it into a ragdoll, but I can’t find the time. If you still want to take a look, here is the model.

Yeah, I’ve definitely seen it in game. It’s not that it’s poorly made (in fact, I do like the modeling and skinning done), but again, it’s just that has only so many applications it can be used for. Also, I respect the fact that you do not have the time to “ragdoll-ize” it. I really don’t have the time to (learn and) carry out that kind of stuff either (with school in the way - I’ll be really busy with sciency classes soon). :stuck_out_tongue:

Sooooo…

Any one have some progress?

Believe me, I’m anxious to know if this request - in the way that it’s set up - is worth taking up, too. But with threads like this one that ask for custom models, I believe, unfortunately, that the thing best to do is to just kick back and wait patiently…

I support zis.

Supporting!

I’ll just give this a bump for everyone.

Gotta get some more Pingas in Gmod.