Some of you may remember my old gamemode “DropDead: A Zombie Survival [RPG]”, which was used by the SGN Community for a short-while.
Well about 2 weeks ago i got the urge to re-create it, but this time, better.
Which leads us to this.
DropDead 2 is set in the world shortly after the fictional events of 2012.[/release]
Features thus far:
- MySQL Saving system.
- Fully functional player armor system.
- Vehicle system that allows up-to 4 passengers in some vehicle.
- Faction system that allow factions to build relatively large bases which save to the map.
- Character creation system with 5 different stat types to choose from which will affect your characters development.
- A beautiful GUI which is a hybrid between BananaGUI and my own deadGUI.
- Cinematic intro screen with smooth camera angles and flight paths panning across the map. – Thanks to NullPoint for help with the maths involved.
- Strategic weapon system, just like the original DropDead, no more using weapons just because you can afford them.
- Skill system, this affects everything from loot collection luck, hit powers and weapon jamming.
- Radiation holes and other anomalies to collect rare items/equips and weapons from.
- Developer attachment editor so you can align new equips with an in-game editor which outputs the equip code needed for the attach_handle.lua file.
- Exp and level system, it also has the Killpoints system from the original DropDead.
Still to come:
- Faction war and base raiding.
- Monsters and NPC’s.
- More Items.
- More weapons.
- SNPC Merchants.
- Base defense items.
- New weapon base.
- Finish some GUI’s.
Are you copying Underdone?
No, the original DropDead already existed, this is just a better remake with more shit.
When will this be done?
When it’s done.
Cinematic intro with scrolling introduction:
Attachment Editor 1.0
Inventory: Note the empty gaps, it’s got alot more to go into it yet. Also that is just a test item for the inventory/equip system
Me fucking around with the armor system, i decided i wanted to wear a huge bottle
Me getting to close to a radiation whole trying to find some good loot.
Just bought my faction base =D
NOTE: Faction base model and custom textures and logos are done by [wizard’]
So yer, tell me what you think.